Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is Remeron an anti-catabolic?

arnold

arnold

Sep 9, 2010
Remeron (mirtazapine) from Organon is a new-age anti-depressant that comes in 15mg and 30mg tablets.

Remeron is widely reported to have shown to have an acute inhibiting effect on cortisol secretion in healthy subjects. Apparently, mirtazapine rapidly attenuates HPA axis hyperactivity via direct pharmaco-endocrinological effects.

See the following link for the evidence: Mirtazapine ( Remeron ) growth hormone, prolactin, and cortisol secretion

Does the data reflected in the above link suggest Remeron could function as an effective anti-catabolic? Furthermore, has anyone used Remeron effectively for this purpose?

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I hate Remeron. I got a script for it years ago and it made me feel like a zombie, so I stopped taking it after a week or two.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
If it makes you feel better I'm on 2mg of klonopin a day. For the past 3 years and was on during my whole preps and had NO problem gaining muscle. Remeron is not a Benzo but i believe they are both batta blockers[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

N

Nobel252

Jun 28, 2012
Low dose of remeron can be quite effective mainly for sleep and it does lower cortisol. I'm prescribed 15mgs A day but I cut it in half and I get no groggy feeling or tiredness the next day and it makes me sleep like a baby without any rebound insomnia like most of the other sleeping pills do. Also if taken long enough it increases appetite

V

Vick

MuscleHead
Jun 13, 2012
Just got prescribed Remeron for anxiety. Seems to have the lowest incidents of side effects and abuse, just need to find the sweet spot.

TheSpectre

TheSpectre

MuscleHead
May 4, 2013
I used to take 45mg/day before bedtime. It gave me great deep sleep. No affect on gains.

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
I used to administer this med. I saw many patients report auditory hallucinations on it. Aka hearing voices, people talking to them that weren't there, etc..

I'm not a fan of this drug..but certainly it can knock you out. Alot of people reported increased appetite on it too.

gh0st

gh0st

Dec 30, 2014
This crap knocks me out.
How ppl take things like this and seriquil and are suppose to keep there eyes open i have no clue. If im not wrong wes there prescribed as like anti-depressants and anti-psychotics, correct?

gh0st

gh0st

Dec 30, 2014
If it makes you feel better I'm on 2mg of klonopin a day. For the past 3 years and was on during my whole preps and had NO problem gaining muscle. Remeron is not a Benzo but i believe they are both batta blockers[FONT=arial, sans-serif]. [/FONT]

be careful with those benzos, they are nothing nice let me tell you!!!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic