Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Is eating bread fattening?

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Or not. There is almost no such thing. If i want to eat pop tarts I can without getting fat. So long as I account for it at some point.

In fact I do eat poptarts. And I have dropped 20 something pounds in 3 months.

Saying there is a list of foods that make you fat is like saying there is a list of foods that will make you lean. Really neither is true.
Damn it PUB, have you never encountered sarcasm before?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Damn it PUB, have you never encountered sarcasm before?

Lmao... my area is known for our incredibly harsh sarcasm so I usually only expect it from my peoples.

Right over my head monsoon!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Or not. There is almost no such thing. If i want to eat pop tarts I can without getting fat. So long as I account for it at some point.

In fact I do eat poptarts. And I have dropped 20 something pounds in 3 months.

Saying there is a list of foods that make you fat is like saying there is a list of foods that will make you lean. Really neither is true.

Have I told you lately that I love you ?

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
After a massive weight loss over the past 7 years, I've basically taken bread out of my diet. Occassionally, I might eat a Subway 6 inch sandwich but that's about it.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Have I told you lately that I love you ?

No so go ahead. I will wait!

After reading a lot of the things you and a couple other guys were posting about nutrition I really started to get off the boards and do my own research. Add to that I am also a kinesiology major and have included a lot of nutrition coursework...

Over the last two months or so I have dropped from 270 to right around 240 now. And it was easy. No suffering. No serious deprivation. I still eat great food. I just balance these things out throughout the day and voila. Progress!

So thank you actually!

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
No so go ahead. I will wait!

After reading a lot of the things you and a couple other guys were posting about nutrition I really started to get off the boards and do my own research. Add to that I am also a kinesiology major and have included a lot of nutrition coursework...

Over the last two months or so I have dropped from 270 to right around 240 now. And it was easy. No suffering. No serious deprivation. I still eat great food. I just balance these things out throughout the day and voila. Progress!

So thank you actually!

That's awesome! Glad someone actually applied it, and correctly, and you realized it works. lol

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
No so go ahead. I will wait!After reading a lot of the things you and a couple other guys were posting about nutrition I really started to get off the boards and do my own research. Add to that I am also a kinesiology major and have included a lot of nutrition coursework...Over the last two months or so I have dropped from 270 to right around 240 now. And it was easy. No suffering. No serious deprivation. I still eat great food. I just balance these things out throughout the day and voila. Progress!So thank you actually!
It is really too bad the vast majority of gluttons in america cannot grasp this concept... well done Pillar...

juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop

Feb 15, 2012
i avoid bread generally, specially near bed time. but have it almost every day in minimal amounts (like an almond butter sandwich) and i make it multigrain and high fiber.

it can be. drinking simple carbs like pop is going to be worst. then general bread and pasta IMO

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
After a massive weight loss over the past 7 years, I've basically taken bread out of my diet. Occassionally, I might eat a Subway 6 inch sandwich but that's about it.

You hit the nail on the head!!! That's what I've done and I feel so much better and lost over 20lbs of fat very quickly. Wheat is the cause of many dietary related problems... Sugar is bad as well.

Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
If i want to get ripped bread is off the menu

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Blaming a particular food for making you fat is the dumbest thing since sliced bread.

P

Papaw

Apr 1, 2016
Bread is my biggest weakness. I wish I had the diet motivation like I do for the gym.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic