Is eating bread fattening?

Discussion in 'General Weight Loss Discussion' started by Steve Armstrong, Apr 4, 2012.

1. monsoon

monsoon Senior Bacon VIP

Nov 1, 2010
    Damn it PUB, have you never encountered sarcasm before?

2. PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance Strength Pimp Staff Member

Feb 27, 2011
    Lmao... my area is known for our incredibly harsh sarcasm so I usually only expect it from my peoples.

Right over my head monsoon!

3. shortz

shortz Beard of Knowledge VIP

May 6, 2013
    Have I told you lately that I love you ?

4. TheChosen1

TheChosen1 Senior Member

Mar 19, 2012
    After a massive weight loss over the past 7 years, I've basically taken bread out of my diet. Occassionally, I might eat a Subway 6 inch sandwich but that's about it.

5. PillarofBalance

Feb 27, 2011
    No so go ahead. I will wait!

After reading a lot of the things you and a couple other guys were posting about nutrition I really started to get off the boards and do my own research. Add to that I am also a kinesiology major and have included a lot of nutrition coursework...

Over the last two months or so I have dropped from 270 to right around 240 now. And it was easy. No suffering. No serious deprivation. I still eat great food. I just balance these things out throughout the day and voila. Progress!

So thank you actually!

shortz likes this.
  6. shortz

shortz Beard of Knowledge VIP

May 6, 2013
    That's awesome! Glad someone actually applied it, and correctly, and you realized it works. lol

7. IronCore

IronCore Bigger Than MAYO - VIP

Sep 9, 2010
    It is really too bad the vast majority of gluttons in america cannot grasp this concept... well done Pillar...

8. juced_porkchop

juced_porkchop VIP Member

Feb 15, 2012
    i avoid bread generally, specially near bed time. but have it almost every day in minimal amounts (like an almond butter sandwich) and i make it multigrain and high fiber.

it can be. drinking simple carbs like pop is going to be worst. then general bread and pasta IMO

9. Titan

Titan VIP Member

Dec 28, 2010
    You hit the nail on the head!!! That's what I've done and I feel so much better and lost over 20lbs of fat very quickly. Wheat is the cause of many dietary related problems... Sugar is bad as well.

10. Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy MuscleHead

Nov 1, 2012
    If i want to get ripped bread is off the menu

11. PillarofBalance

Feb 27, 2011
    Blaming a particular food for making you fat is the dumbest thing since sliced bread.

12. Papaw

Papaw Member

Apr 1, 2016
    Bread is my biggest weakness. I wish I had the diet motivation like I do for the gym.

Sent from my Nexus 6 using Tapatalk