Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Is eating bread fattening?

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
Ground horse burgers??? What kind of taste is that?!

people have commented on the smell when I cook the meat and even when I re heat it. It tastes a bit stronger, is super lean and is very cheap to buy. It's been said it's very high in iron and to not eat it every day, even though I did for months on end when I was 18 or so...

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
51Z83dLKJPL._BO2,204,203,200_PIsitb-sticker-arrow-click,TopRight,35,-76_AA300_SH20_OU01_.jpg
Wheat Belly: Lose the Wheat, Lose the Weight, and Find Your Path Back to Health
by cardiologist William Davis M.D.

http://www.amazon.com/Wheat-Belly-Lose-Weight-Health/dp/1609611543/ref=sr_1_1?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1333681624&sr=1-1

Since the mid 1960's we've been ingesting a hybrid 'Frankenwheat'. Modern wheat bread has a higher glycemic index (72) than table sugar (59) or a Snickers bar (69) due to a highly digestible carb unique to it called Amylopectin A. The gliadin protein in wheat is also responsible for stimulating appetite. It releases a peptide that crosses into the brain and binds to the opiate centers causing addiction. So a couple of hrs after your glucose/insulin ride your blood sugar crashes and you crave more carbs.

In other words, bread is bad, especially if you're one of the millions of people who've developed a sensitivity to wheat protein. Might as well eat a spoonful of sugar or a candy bar.

Last edited:
IronInsanity

IronInsanity

TID Board Of Directors
May 3, 2011
all these people hatin on my bread... how am I supposed to eat my cheeseburgers without my bread?!

Pearl

Pearl

TID Lady Member
Oct 6, 2011
Bites doesn't it? I eat my meats inside romaine lettuce leaves. My uber-sinful-carb weakness is pizza. Sometimes ya just gotta give a little 'cause life is rough....so eat those burgers but eat them open faced.

Last edited by a moderator:
G

GrassFed

Sep 18, 2010
Eating bread for me puts on weight quicker than anything else. If I give up just bread I drop weight very quickly.

Rod crowley

Rod crowley

Dec 1, 2012
Wneat is the way to go.i have 2 slices with my steak every morning and still im losing weight.But before bed id a big no no.

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
Eating a caloric surplus causes the body to store fat. I ate bread often while cutting fifty five pounds over the span of five and a half months.

Thank you for this bit of clarity in a sea of bro-lore :D

MorganKane

MorganKane

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2012
You can get good bread.
Its easy to bake.

Get some organic wheat and bake your own.
Just keep in mind that real bread does not last many days.
First day its great.
Second day its ok.
3rd day its ok if you toast it.
Thats about it.

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Keep in mind, bread is like a sponge. It never dissolves and only absorbs. Wheat bread and oat bread dissolves easier, however. Personally with the exception of an occasional sandwich (i.e., Subway, Quizno, etc.), I avoid bread.

Patriot1405

Patriot1405

VIP Member
Nov 21, 2011
Gonna have to find some Ezekiel bread!

B

Bert

Apr 24, 2013
Breads has its place in diets, White bread publish exercise is excellent for benefits, whole rice as a carbs source for foods is excellent since its a complicated carbs...

Last edited by a moderator:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic