Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Is crossfit saving Weightlifting?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Lol, I love the narrator!! Isnt this the common crossfitter? It's the type we have at our gym .

Ok after watching the whole video I hate crossfit even more than I thought was possible.. A hero?? wtf?? Douchebaggery

Last edited:
Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Just my take here. Crossfit has blown up popularity wise because it appeals to the masses.
We have guido's in all of our sports. Maybe they just seem to have more because there are more of them
I did not enjoy having to walk past that group at the fit expo. There was a threat of me placing a jump rope up a butt if I got hit with it on my way to the bathroom

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
CrossFit is making a mockery of Olympic lifting. It is also creating and army of undeservedly cocky dickheads and vagines doing retarded shit in the racks we use as Bodybuilders and Powerlifters. If you've ever waited 20mins to use the racks while 2 guys with high black socks and rock tape all over did what they believed were pullups (kips) you'd see my point. Go do CrossFit in a studio and leave the gym to the rest of us.
Hey I use the tape lol

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
CrossFit is making a mockery of Olympic lifting. It is also creating and army of undeservedly cocky dickheads and vagines doing retarded shit in the racks we use as Bodybuilders and Powerlifters. If you've ever waited 20mins to use the racks while 2 guys with high black socks and rock tape all over did what they believed were pullups (kips) you'd see my point. Go do CrossFit in a studio and leave the gym to the rest of us.
This is my point also, it's a gym not a schoolyard. These asshats running around, leg kicking, and all that bs and Im supposed to vwatch out for them? meh..
Hey I use the tape lol
Yea but you're Hot TG, you could wear whatever you want..or not:p

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
That is essentially the only issue I have with them. Respect my space! I had 405 on a front squat (Kilo bands off the top in the interest of honesty so 405 walkout 285 in the hole) and this asshole was jumping rope and cleaning off the Flat Bench behind me. The rope was close enough I could feel the wind on my neck.

Everyone in my gym, with the exception of these Crossfit folks, is well versed in gym etiquette. These Crossfit clowns appeared out of nowhere and actually think they are the "cock of the walk" mad dogging kids and women in the sections designed for stretching etc while doing KB swings next to mirrors (two cracked by these ****s), drenching everything with their cardio paced lifting and not a one of them cleans up their sweat, chalk or weights when they run off to their next stupid superset of nonsense.

I agree with the narrator, do Crossfit in a Crossfit studio. I don't do Split jerks in the middle of the Zumba class for ****s sake :D

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
In the spirit of fairness I'd like to bring a contingent of full blown meatheads into a Crossfit studio and do progressive 2s and 3s and band/chain work for about 3hrs in one place. Just to watch their panties bunch up their asses

sjb1962

sjb1962

Aug 21, 2012
IMHO, I think anything that brings lifting/fitness to the masses is a good thing. Say what you want about the top level CF'ers, but they are in great shape. My concern about CF is the poor form many of them use on their lifts. Many average Joe's just jump in and start doing this stuff without anyone really showing them how it should be done. And once they pick up those bad habits, they are hard to break. That as much as anything IMO will lead to the downfall of CF. Too many people will get injured because of their bad form/technique and won't be able to recover.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
Poor form comes down to coaching. When you have a coach who is a competitive weight/oly lifter, it's your first priority.
Form supersedes everything.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Poor form comes down to coaching. When you have a coach who is a competitive weight/oly lifter, it's your first priority.

That's usually the advice I give to people who ask me what I think of CrossFit. I do my best to give the positives in the negatives and give them tips on how to balance the negatives. Don't let anybody tell you when to stop; it's your job to know when your form is bad and you need to take a break. Don't let any CrossFit advocate convince you to keep going after your form is long gone

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

Very few CF coaches are competitive Oly lifters. That's one of the main problems with CF.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
sloppy reps, half reps, chest not to the bar on strict pull ups, ass not to grass on squats, etc. = no rep
It's the same in competition. You'll rarely see shitty form in competition. All the negatives about crossfit
are dumb ass videos at gyms where the coach just has a certification and not a clue.
As far as kipping on pull-ups goes, that's for efficiency and is borrowed from gymnastics.
It's not meant to be a strict pull, but rather a swing and is used for timed events. However,
there are events where it's noted no kipping and chest must be to bar (not chin).
And sometimes you have to do a muscle up which is a pull up and then pushing yourself up and on top of the bar.
It really just depends on what they're shooting for. Kipping takes a ton of air and coordination. strict
takes strength. muscle ups takes both.

The real guys/girls doing this have a proper background in athletics and/or lifting.
At first I was very hesitant coming from 5 years of power and bb. I was feeling seriously deprived my
first month of doing it. I wasn't quite feeling that muscle obliteration and hypertrophy.
I was worried about losing strength and size. Yes, at first I lost 13 pounds but
have put back on 7 of that and look way better than before. I lost some back and shoulder
strength too but it's all back after 3.5 months of doing it. I'm doing the same if not more than
I was before plus my endurance is out of control. IMO, it's a great program especially
for people with bb and/or power backgrounds.

Will I be juiced up squatting or deadlifting over 550 or 600...probably not.
Will I be on stage juiced up over 200 lbs...probably not.

But I'm natural, I'm athletic, I have no heart, cholesterol, kidney, liver, hair falling out, nuts shrinking, etc. problems.
Don't have to deal with needles, coming off, pct, any of that. Just food and the occasional supplement.
Squatting 385x2, pulling 435x2 at 180# and climbing.

What's not to like about a sport that promotes that kind of lifestyle?
I'm not in the best shape but after taking 3 years off and coming back, I'm doing alright I think.
adsfasd_zps4a95d2b5.jpg

adfds_zpsd74024a4.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic