Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Is Bitcoin really this easy?

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Myself & a few others have been discussing how we would like to use Bitcoin, because some places only accept it, but we aren’t sure of it or maybe we are just intimidated by it so I did some digging. Below is what I found & what looks to be the easiest way to use it. I’m hoping some people with experience with it will jump in if this info is wrong, if there are better options or if there are any safety concerns. Thanks in advance!

To send bitcoin to any $Cashtag:

Navigate to Cash App payment pad
Tap the USD toggle and select BTC
Enter at least $1 and tap Pay
Find your recipient’s $Cashtag, current phone number, or email address
Tap Pay This is also called a peer-to-peer (P2P) transaction
You can also send bitcoin using lightning or the blockchain:

Tap the Money tab on your Cash App home screen
Tap the Bitcoin tile
Tap the Airplane button
Choose Send Bitcoin
Enter the amount and the recipient’s $Cashtag or BTC address
Tap Next
Select a speed
Tap Confirm & Send
Note:

You can also receive bitcoin from any wallet using the blockchain.
The minimum amount per transaction to a $Cashtag is 0.00001 BTC or 1,000 sats (Satoshis).
Limits

Sending Bitcoin has a few limits to be aware of. We recommend checking your limits and track your limit progression regularly.

You can view your weekly and monthly limits in-app:

Tap the Profile icon
Tap on Limits
Limits are rolling and they accumulate for any consecutive 7 day period and 30 day period. Limits are tracked down to the minute a payment was made.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Also, a variable is if you want to be anonymous. The CASH app has a lot of personal info on it.

There are other options that can be done with no trace to yourself.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
Also, a variable is if you want to be anonymous. The CASH app has a lot of personal info on it.

There are other options that can be done with no trace to yourself.
Could you give some examples? I’m not sure that would matter with these places since they would need your info to send anything you bought like clothes, shoes, etc.

Ms.Wetback

Ms.Wetback

VIP Lady Member
Sep 27, 2010
Could you give some examples? I’m not sure that would matter with these places since they would need your info to send anything you bought like clothes, shoes, etc.
Ok if it is for legit stuff then yes, CASH app works great.

Didn't know if you were referring to using it for illicit purposes.

jawbreaker24

jawbreaker24

Apr 23, 2022
Cashapp use to be super easy to use no waiting , but now it’s becoming a joke some banks won’t deal in Bitcoin so now I personally hate it there’s waiting periods I get frustrated and just say Fuck it.

Coinbase seems to be “ok” but Cashapp was the best before it got dumb.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Torchy

Torchy

VIP Member
Feb 3, 2023
I've got a small, local bank and have no problems with cashapp. I just deposit it and leave a few bucks in there. And yes, it's honestly that easy. Part that sucks is fluctuations. Plus, as said it's cashapp. So I only buy when I'm ready to purchase and only keep maybe an extra few bucks in there.

Used to use coinbase as my first introduction to it. I didn't like it much, but cashapp is easy. But you do have to verify with ID like others and your addy is kept in blockchain. Unless you want to pay premium price for total anonymity? There's sites for that too.

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022
You can buy crypto with Revolut. Also stocks.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic