Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

is anyone else EXHAUSTED after workout? or am i pushing too hard?

M

mystic97z

May 31, 2011
hey guys, i'm 26 years old, i've been lifting for about 1.5 years, i'm an ectomorph body type, and for being a lanky guy, i feel like i made great gains. started at 148, lifted/lean gained/ and bulked my way up to 183, now i'm pretty lean at 171. anyways, i feel like i'm in great shape, i play hockey once a week, do a ton of cardio and lift frequently, 4-5 times a week.

i take pump fuel/jacked mixture pre workout. i notice when i'm lifting, i'm using my neck/head and clinching my teeth causing my ears to hurt/fatigue. also, i workout in the afternoon after work, and by the time i'm done working out, get home i'm so freaking worn out my hands are shaking while i'm on the computer, i'm just completely exhausted. I don't think i'm over training, because i can take a week off and feel the same my 1st day back.

i don't think i'm lifting too much either. today was chest and tri day for me. here's what i did

interval cardio 15 min
overhead extension 2 sets
decline bench 3 sets
rope pull down 2 sets
dumbell press 3 sets (10 lbs lighter than usual)
cable cross overs
2 ab excersizes at 2 sets a piece

post workout i take phormula 1 ignistion stacked with formula 1 protein.

myosaurus

myosaurus

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 21, 2010
sounds like your blood sugar dropping down too low. maybe a decent size meal preworkout and some intra workout shake containing some simple carbs and aminos might help.

pux888

pux888

MuscleHead
Oct 1, 2010
I agree, it does sound like your going a little hypoglycemic. I keep something sweet around just incase. You also may be crashing from your pre workout drink.

M

mystic97z

May 31, 2011
this phormula 1 ignistion stuff i'm taking has 47 grams of sugar it says on the back. i remember asking the guy if that was too much sugar (i usually try to get as little sugar as possible) and he said, its not really sugar, more of a glycogen replenishment? something like that? my wife and i were talking about it last night, i'm deffinately stronger on my pre-workout drink, i wonder if it's giving me too much energy, and i'm lifting more that i should be? is that possible?

C

crazysteve12

Sep 29, 2010
Hey I used to have the same problem when I took 1mr, essentially the same as jacked. Its probably your bodies reaction to the 1,3-dimethylamine. Since its a stimulant it will effect people diffenently some will continue to have energy others crashed. I used to crash after working out to the point I needed a nap right when I got home. I switched over to superpump and walk out of the gym feeling like money with no crash. You might want to try dropping the pre-workout or uping your water intake could be dehydration too???. Otherwise I'm with everyone else and low blood sugar. Just trying to throw some other ideas in the mix hope it helps

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
sounds like your blood sugar dropping down too low. maybe a decent size meal preworkout and some intra workout shake containing some simple carbs and aminos might help.

what he said

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
1,3 dimethyl and shizandrol both can make one crash. it seems like if you dont get super pumped up from them than they put you to sleep. last year i was taking jack 3d and i couldnt keep my eyes open. i researched out all the ingredients and the side effects. i stopped taking it. i wont say that it got better immediately but it did get better. good nutrition will beat supplements any day! if you want to feel better, you got to eat better.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
This is interesting, I think your workouts are fine, and I think where you are failing is the post workout routine. Everyone reacts differently to those, and if it has a lot of sugar in there is will cause a rapid surge which could cause the shaky feeling you have, and the exhausted feeling, or the opposite is happening, it's not absorbing like you think and your body is starving for food. Granted I know you are mixing 2 pre workouts together, but you would know if you took to much caffeine, I do not think that is your problem.

You should try taking your protein right after you workout, 2 scoops mixed with water, screw that sugar carb mess you have, then and hour after taking your protein shake, eat a solid meal loaded with complex carbs and clean protein.

Mrs.V.

Mrs.V.

TID Lady Member
May 29, 2011
Other than everyone's body reacts differently, as already said...I also think, as already said it may be your blood sugar dropping...Have a kool-aid mixture post workout to bring it back up with Creatine Powder...??? I think?!?!

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
When I took jacked I used to crash so hard I was passing out about an hour post workout I would either plan bedtime around this or take eca as soon as I was done to help stay up.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic