Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

is 17 too young for pre?

Mikeywaine1

Mikeywaine1

Jul 5, 2016
Never taken pre workout before, but I hear I should wait a little before trying it

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Do you drink caffeine ?
Just my thoughts but at your age you don't need pre workout.
It's equivalent to an energy drink

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Most preworkouts of today simply consist of caffeine. Pretty much every other stim has been pulled off the shelf by the government. Most of the rest of the ingredients are weaker forms of caffeine, like green tea leaf extract etc, NO2 pump, and beta alanine, which do very little, igf anything. Those are just placebo.

As RR pointed out, coffee is a super cheap and effective preworkout. It's what I have used for over 12 years.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
I would concentrate on researching supplementation in regards to peri-workout nutrition and post-workout nutrition, as well as what meals are best pre and post-workout...

Things like which sugars are best absorbed by the body, which nutrients will further protein synthesis, dextrose vs. waxy maise vs. highly branched cyclic dextrin... Creatine, BCAAs, vitamins. That pre workout shit is mainly for people who do so much during the day they don't even wanna get laid but still want to hit the gym

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Pre-workout is ok if you are dragging ass and have to put it work. I see some guys get sort of dependent on them. Like if they don't get their pre workout drink in they can't even train. That's a little ridiculous.

Caffeine tabs or just coffee works fine for a little focus and energy for many.

Mikeywaine1

Mikeywaine1

Jul 5, 2016
Most preworkouts of today simply consist of caffeine. Pretty much every other stim has been pulled off the shelf by the government. Most of the rest of the ingredients are weaker forms of caffeine, like green tea leaf extract etc, NO2 pump, and beta alanine, which do very little, igf anything. Those are just placebo.

As RR pointed out, coffee is a super cheap and effective preworkout. It's what I have used for over 12 years.
seemed to do the trick! thanks

Mikeywaine1

Mikeywaine1

Jul 5, 2016
Pre-workout is ok if you are dragging ass and have to put it work. I see some guys get sort of dependent on them. Like if they don't get their pre workout drink in they can't even train. That's a little ridiculous.

Caffeine tabs or just coffee works fine for a little focus and energy for many.
oh okay, ive always figured it was something that kinda motivated, boosted, and enhanced the workout, and people just took it to feel stronger

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
If it helps you have a better workout, take it.
try and get one that actually has some science behind it and some nutritional factors not just speed like effects.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
At your age a nice small cup of strong coffee would be more than enough. Caffeine is something you will easily build a tolerance to. After a few years of pre-work stuff you wont be able to feel it. 3-4 scoops or Jacke3d or C4 barely gets me going these days. I blame high doses of the real Hydroxycut back in the day.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I would say a bit young for pre-workouts.

And everything strong as not been pulled out of Pre-workouts and they are no where near an energy drinks like Monster or Rockstar. I can raddle off a good 10-15 Pre-workouts that are much stronger then any Canned Drink from a Gas Station.

At 17, Just use Food and on those Dragging Ass Days... Pop a No Doze (200mg) Caffeine and Chew it up. The taste alone wakes you up. Then the Kick from the Caffeine comes a few min later. I wouldn't let me 17yr take anymore then that.

The only Supplements I would allow.. Caffeine (200mg Max Dose), Whey Protein, Creatine, Beta Alanine and 10mg Melatonin for Sleep. If you think Beta Alanine does very Little. Do a little research on it. Most don't take enough long enough. 4-6g a Day for a few Months.

In 2011 Adam State College took 37 Athletes. The Beta-Alanine group was given 4g daily for 8 weeks and the results were pretty impressive. Overall this is still a small study group, but all other studies have showed similar results. Out of the 37 athletes 15 were Football players. They tested their 300yd shuttle run and 90 degree flexed arm hang. The Beta-Alanine group shaved a full second off their time and could hang 3 seconds longer then the Placebo group. Out of the Football players trying to gain weight. The Beta-Alanine group gained 2lbs while not changing their Body fat %. The Placebo group gained 1lb and body fast was increased by 1%. The Beta-Alanine group gained only Muscle. The other 22 Athletes were Wrestlers. All wrestlers lost weight has they were dropping weight to hit a weight class. That was their goal. What’s impressive is the Beta-Alanine group gained 1% of Lean muscle mass while dropping weight. The Placebo group lost 1% of muscle body mass.

Last edited:
Bro Bundy

Bro Bundy

MuscleHead
Nov 1, 2012
get used to working out without having to take anything..Preworkouts sups can get addicting and u may not want to lift without it

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic