Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Iron levels

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
How was it donating double Reds? I am sure you are feeling great. Your blood isn’t like motor oil now. It crazy how quickly it gets out of control.

I usually do whole blood, but maybe this time I’ll try double reds. I actually need to go donate soon. Last time was June.

So a local body builder died a few years ago from this very thing. He never donated or did really any preventative care.
Man , I can't even explain how much better I feel...its like I had been really sick for a while and within a few hours completely better. Doing the double reds felt strange, not like a regular donation. They pump saline back into you. You get a little cold and my lips started to tingle. It takes quite a bit longer than regular donation also. 10 mins compared to just over an hour. Totally worth it though.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I recently donated at Red Cross, dont believe they have a high limit for hemoglobin
I give at Red Cross. I'm always up there and they always say "good" but I asked once if I could be too high and I thought they told me 20.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Man , I can't even explain how much better I feel...its like I had been really sick for a while and within a few hours completely better. Doing the double reds felt strange, not like a regular donation. They pump saline back into you. You get a little cold and my lips started to tingle. It takes quite a bit longer than regular donation also. 10 mins compared to just over an hour. Totally worth it though.
I didn’t realize it took that long. I guess I’ll have to dress warm when I go there lol.

BLTC

BLTC

VIP Member
Dec 23, 2010
how can I get it down enough to donate?
Simple. Skip your dose for 1 week and try again. If it's still too high skip another week. My HCT craters after about a month. We're talking going from a 60 to 49.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Going to the redcross to donate again today. Hoping to see a much reduced number. I'll be happy with 17 or below.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
From my humble experience of donating probably one hundred times over the last 2 decades.
I managed it myself by donating every 30 days. Once at the vein butchers (red cross) and then again at a hospital or another commercial blood bank.
I got denied a few times over the years for too high hemo 18 and 19. They have revised it to 20 now. I also figured out how to lower it below the super high range by using glycerol and water which increased Vascular hydration and never tested above 17 again. I have been seeking a hematologist since 2013 and he keeps me at 55%.
Early on in my 30s I would feel like I had been run over by a truck after dumping a pint. These days nothing really. My heavy juicin went away once I hit 40 and it stays pretty stable now.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
From my humble experience of donating probably one hundred times over the last 2 decades.
I managed it myself by donating every 30 days. Once at the vein butchers (red cross) and then again at a hospital or another commercial blood bank.
I got denied a few times over the years for too high hemo 18 and 19. They have revised it to 20 now. I also figured out how to lower it below the super high range by using glycerol and water which increased Vascular hydration and never tested above 17 again. I have been seeking a hematologist since 2013 and he keeps me at 55%.
Early on in my 30s I would feel like I had been run over by a truck after dumping a pint. These days nothing really. My heavy juicin went away once I hit 40 and it stays pretty stable now.
Yeah, my Dr really wants to see me at 16 or thereabouts. With the TRT and the amounts of meat I eat thats probably not gonna happen very often. That leaves me with donating about once a month or every 6 weeks or so from now on I guess. I mean I suppose I could stop my TRT and go vegan and get it to 15 or so but I'd as soon be dead than be a soyboy with a test level of a 12 year old girl.

W

Wilson6

VIP Member
Dec 17, 2019
"I mean I suppose I could stop my TRT and go vegan and get it to 15 or so but I'd as soon be dead than be a soyboy with a test level of a 12 year old girl." I think just about all of us older guys on this board feel that way. Rather go to the grave earlier on HRT and have some QOL than live with low test and become weak, frail, fat and be miserable. Maybe 12 yr old boy though, those 12 yr old girls can get script T now for their gender dysphoria and have higher T levels than us old guys.

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
"I mean I suppose I could stop my TRT and go vegan and get it to 15 or so but I'd as soon be dead than be a soyboy with a test level of a 12 year old girl." I think just about all of us older guys on this board feel that way. Rather go to the grave earlier on HRT and have some QOL than live with low test and become weak, frail, fat and be miserable. Maybe 12 yr old boy though, those 12 yr old girls can get script T now for their gender dysphoria and have higher T levels than us old guys.
True...lol

gunslinger

gunslinger

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2010
Well, I got a letter from the blood bank I normally use today. They said I need to see a Dr before I'm allowed to donate again. I still have the red cross. But It looks like I may be screwed with this place.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic