Ohp
40x7
40x5x4
Ez bar bi curl
18x10x3
Face pull
27.5x15x3

PoB I found a box!! Woot!
I haven't done a box squat in about 2.5 years and have never incorporated them regularly into training. Hitting the box seems to throw me forward a bit. I think I'm just not used to it. Or maybe I'm just not doing it right either!
Set at 160
https://vimeo.com/150328578
Second set at 145. Moved the barbell in front too. Lol
https://vimeo.com/150328732
Tried your bench set up too PoB. Got a video or two if your interested. Seemed to work very well. Different tho. My upper back popped a couple of times getting into position, which was concerning but also felt good so I must've had something out a bit I think.
And omg my ohp is week as piss.

The purpose of the box squat is to strengthen hams and glutes for you. When properly done, as you sit to the box the shins should be vertical or as close as possible.

So some notes:
You are searching for the box with your ass. You need to address the box not depth. Sitting back is the only way to achieve this.

You are going to heavy. While you may feel like you are working at your rpe, you aren't simply because your technique was incorrect.

Next time use a lighter weight and proper form. Then work up to your RPE without breaking form.

You don't have to go out wider but a flat shoe may help. Focus on pushing out on the side of your feet not just on the heel of the shoe.

You said you always play to your strengths. In this case your jacked quads. What I am getting you to do is start turning over stones. Improving your hip strength will bring up your pull and will also get you down in the squat more aggressively and out of the hole faster.

chuckzilla

chuckzilla

MuscleHead
Sep 15, 2010
glad you are joining us. the workouts look great.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
The purpose of the box squat is to strengthen hams and glutes for you. When properly done, as you sit to the box the shins should be vertical or as close as possible.

So some notes:
You are searching for the box with your ass. You need to address the box not depth. Sitting back is the only way to achieve this.

You are going to heavy. While you may feel like you are working at your rpe, you aren't simply because your technique was incorrect.

Next time use a lighter weight and proper form. Then work up to your RPE without breaking form.

You don't have to go out wider but a flat shoe may help. Focus on pushing out on the side of your feet not just on the heel of the shoe.

You said you always play to your strengths. In this case your jacked quads. What I am getting you to do is start turning over stones. Improving your hip strength will bring up your pull and will also get you down in the squat more aggressively and out of the hole faster.

Ok boss. Shins vertical, lighter weight, no ass-box searching. Lol. Got it!

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Good to see the videos Enansi. It's such a great tool for us and the boss man. It's great that we can read in each other's logs and take it back to our own training. Great work, keep getting it done. Hopefully with the great advice from POB it will help you find that sweet spot to sitting back. I think lowering the weight a bit will help. It's helped me tremendously many times since starting this program. I noticed in my videos after my lift that there were errors that needed to be corrected, and even though I could do the weight, it wasn't helping me as much as it would if I dropped down some. Good luck with it. Keep tossing that iron!

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Good to see the videos Enansi. It's such a great tool for us and the boss man. It's great that we can read in each other's logs and take it back to our own training. Great work, keep getting it done. Hopefully with the great advice from POB it will help you find that sweet spot to sitting back. I think lowering the weight a bit will help. It's helped me tremendously many times since starting this program. I noticed in my videos after my lift that there were errors that needed to be corrected, and even though I could do the weight, it wasn't helping me as much as it would if I dropped down some. Good luck with it. Keep tossing that iron!

Thanks dude. Just been checking yours and Chris's videos out. I didn't realise your actually supposed to sit on the box. Like really sit. What a strange thing to do! Lol. I haven't done most of these assistance lifts before so definitely still finding my feet with them. It really helps getting input on the videos, because I don't know what it's supposed to be doing/feeling/activating. My programs till this point have been remarkably basic! Thanks for the support.

IronSoul

IronSoul

TID Board Of Directors
Apr 2, 2013
Thanks dude. Just been checking yours and Chris's videos out. I didn't realise your actually supposed to sit on the box. Like really sit. What a strange thing to do! Lol. I haven't done most of these assistance lifts before so definitely still finding my feet with them. It really helps getting input on the videos, because I don't know what it's supposed to be doing/feeling/activating. My programs till this point have been remarkably basic! Thanks for the support.

No problem at all. I was actually doing the same thing and I didn think it felt right. I watched some videos and talked with hawkeye and Rottenrogue and it all healed me out. Just make sure when you sit on the box, you're keeping everything tight still.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
We mentioned you during our session yesterday...congrats you got a plug within a bunch of meatheads!

I'm a narrow squatter overall compared to the guys on our team and one of the few that box squat properly. It's a full commitment to sit back on the box without losing tightness....I still struggle with getting out of the hole. I'll try to vid next time so you're able to see what POB and I are trying to convey.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
We mentioned you during our session yesterday...congrats you got a plug within a bunch of meatheads!

I'm a narrow squatter overall compared to the guys on our team and one of the few that box squat properly. It's a full commitment to sit back on the box without losing tightness....I still struggle with getting out of the hole. I'll try to vid next time so you're able to see what POB and I are trying to convey.

Thanks uphillclimb. It would be awesome if you could do that. I hope the mention was at least partly positive!

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
Thanks uphillclimb. It would be awesome if you could do that. I hope the mention was at least partly positive!

Partly....the lifting heavy shit was the complimentary part. Your interpretation of a box squat? Hmmmm, not so much :)

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Partly....the lifting heavy shit was the complimentary part. Your interpretation of a box squat? Hmmmm, not so much :)

That was entirely why I posted the video. It felt stupid. It looked stupid. If it feels good and looks good i don't really see the point of putting it up so I don't. I want help with the stuff I'm crap at, not the good stuff! Lol.

O

og17

Dec 27, 2015
damn if I didn't learn a lot about box squats today.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
That was entirely why I posted the video. It felt stupid. It looked stupid. If it feels good and looks good i don't really see the point of putting it up so I don't. I want help with the stuff I'm crap at, not the good stuff! Lol.

With online training and assistance those are the sets that people like POB can pick apart and dissect on what to work on. In person it's so much easier. Better for both of you in that regard, ultimately instead of your best set. You get it.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic