Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Inversion Table

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I think it's about time I purchase an inversion table after reading multiple posts here advocating there use...... is there anything in particular I should look for? I see different tables from £80 - 400 and not sure what to look for.

If anyone with the requisite knowledge would be kind enough to search for an inversion table on www.google.co.uk (i'm in england) and recommend me one I would be very grateful.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
http://teeter-online.co.uk/ep-960-inversion-table/

This is the same one that I have (I think that I have the 950 but not certain at this very moment). The lower lumbar support is worth it and it's very easy to take apart and store under a bed if needed. Mine is in the basement and it clears the height concern without problems.

If there's an option to purchase the nodes/nodules, don't bother. While they feel good for releasing pressure point pains in the traps or mid-back near the T-6 area, they slide off and don't really provide as much value. At first they felt good but then just got in the way.

I've had a few tables and overall, I would recommend Teeter.

D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I ended up just using a 200lb resistance band and power rack or pull up bar to invert from.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011
I ended up just using a 200lb resistance band and power rack or pull up bar to invert from.

He's got bigger fish to fry....POB and I have hung from a mono several times and nothing cranks it as much as a true inversion to allow the hydration and micro nutrients back into the cartilage.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011

This is the same one that I have (I think that I have the 950 but not certain at this very moment). The lower lumbar support is worth it and it's very easy to take apart and store under a bed if needed. Mine is in the basement and it clears the height concern without problems.

If there's an option to purchase the nodes/nodules, don't bother. While they feel good for releasing pressure point pains in the traps or mid-back near the T-6 area, they slide off and don't really provide as much value. At first they felt good but then just got in the way.

^^^^^^ This. I have a teeter and helps a lot. I'd also suggest what doc suggested and hang from a band too. One for the back and one for the hips.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011

^^^^^^ This. I have a teeter and helps a lot. I'd also suggest what doc suggested and hang from a band too. One for the back and one for the hips.

So the general consensus is that they are worth the outlay in £. Can I ask you both what benefits you get from using one, how often do you use it etc?

Also UHC I have the option of adding a lumbar bridge and/or nodules. Any thoughts on the bridge?

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
So the general consensus is that they are worth the outlay in £. Can I ask you both what benefits you get from using one, how often do you use it etc?

Also UHC I have the option of adding a lumbar bridge and/or nodules. Any thoughts on the bridge?

Go with the bridge. Some people when inverted without lumbar support will feel immense pressure in their low back. Thats not actually bad but it is unpleasant.

The band and the inversion table essentually accomplish the same thing for the spine if done properly. The band though leaves the feet and legs free to move with can unload the hips too.

I think for you an inversion table would be better. Getting in and out of the baND comes with risks. The table is safer.

uphillclimb

uphillclimb

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2011

The lower lumbar bridge/adapter is a must although I do take it off from time to time. You'll have options on where to put the bridge itself to create more or less of a curve. As POB said, it can be uncomfortable but your back is so jacked up that the discomfort is most likely a good thing on "training" your spine to re-align again.

As for timing, that's up to you. I go on every day. Sometimes for 2 minutes if my nagging fiance calls me up for something but no more than 7-8 minutes at a time. I like to go first thing in the morning and then again before I go to bed. At night is mandatory as your spine has been compressed all day from normal walking, sitting upright etc

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I have an inexpensive one I got at big 5. It has made a huge difference in my life. I like to use it twice a day, either morning/ night or post workout/ night. I really look forward to it when I get stuck in a car all night.

D

Divorce

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2011
I'm ordering it tomorrow. Hope it lives up to the hype.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I picked mine up for about $100 and it's lasted years sitting outside under my awning. I like sitting outside hanging upside down like a bat, dog licking my face enjoying the fresh air

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic