Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Inversion table for bodybuilders?

C

chrome

Sep 14, 2010
Anyone have any experience using an inversion table? I go to a chiropractor once a month to get adjusted but for the times in between when i feel like i could use an adjustment/relief of pressure, anyone recommend using one and if so any specific brand? ive done my research on how they work and i know the benefits but i would rather ask ppl that actually workout/bodybuild like myself.

B

burnormal

May 31, 2011
I have the Body Max IT6000 Inversion Therapy Table and I love it, especially after some heavy squats or deadlifts. I got it for $100 with shipping off Amazon and it really seems to relieve some pain and tension in my lower back.

Youngstunna

Youngstunna

Trenja Turtle
Oct 21, 2010
Hey my dad use to bodybuild when i was a kid and used one of these and slipped a disk in his back, they are good for a stretch but not for repairing injurys

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
if u have a bad back such as slipped disks..i wouldnt use one...u can hurt urself even more

D

docsrocks777

Jul 8, 2011
No offense, but hanging from a bar with your legs @30degrees is probably at least as good and is free. I haven't seen an inversion table yet that has a leg/knee raise and the blood vessels in the head don't really enjoy the increased BP that much.

M

MatthewC

MuscleHead
Dec 7, 2011
I've had one for over 5-6 years. It's almost eliminated nagging back pain. Don't know if it helps injury; but from personal use it's been a godsend.

ritch

ritch

MuscleHead
Dec 4, 2011
I don't listen to this show much anymore, but superhumanradio.com had an episode on these. if you have a slightly imbalanced hip or a leg that is a bit longer than the other such as myself, I would not use one.

I gave the table a go as my gym has one and noticed it made my now under control sciatic pain worse.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I have had back problems for decades, bulging discs, sciatica.. and have been to Sports Therapist's , every chiro in the area and medical docs. I started using a invert table about a year ago and have only been to a chiro once or twice since. When I first started it was sore but now ..twice a day and no more sciatic and very lil back pain. Like Burnormal said after squats n deadlifts I hang..Good for me

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
my back went out on me 15 yrs ago and my then girlfriends dad told me about an inversion table and ive been hook ever since---i use one 3 times a week to keep things aligned way better then a chiro if you ask me cuz your using your natural body weight to realign everything instead of pushing and pulling

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
You know, ironically, I my buddy just purchased one and brought it to the gym today. I was hesitant since I weight 260-265, but for kicks, I tried it. I didn't stay on it but probably a minute or so, but after getting off of it (and letting the blood rush back out of my head. LOL) I did notice a bit of release of pressure in my shoulders and back. Would I say it is a magic bullet? No, but I could see the positive benefits of it as a tool to stretch and what not. Incidentally, my buddy has sciatic issues and he claims it helps a ton.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
I've had back problems for years, mainly bulging discs and pinched nerves.
Using the inversion table will help with these types of back problems as it will release pressure and help open up the disc to allow more fluid in it and to help it heal. I swear by mine but I guess everyone is different plus I would imagine it depends on the type of back problems you have also.

Kosher Fried

Kosher Fried

VIP Member
Mar 7, 2011
I am very interested in one if these, but unfortunately I'm 275lbs.any inexpensive models that support over 250lb?

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic