Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Interrupting sleep to eat

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
During the weekdays I have a good schedule that allows me to wake up early and eat clean throughout the day starting between 6-7 am. The weekends mess this up and sometimes bleed over in to my Mondays (Tonight for example).

I don't like trying to cram meals in but as you all know you have to eat well to make the most of the training you do.

My question is this, would it be worth waking up and eating a meal and going back to sleep for a few hours or would that be negating any of the recovery benefits from sleep?

For example, instead of waking up at 10 am tomorrow and starting my meals at that time would it be ok to get up at 6 or 7, eat and then go back to bed till 10?

I want to optimize my training and I know eating and rest are just as important as putting time in at the gym.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
there was great blurb about this in MD this month. the answer was it is stupid to wake up to eat as rest is equally important but if your calories are so tight that you are already waking up because of hunger than one should eat turkey breast and have it already prepared.

scarl3tbutt3rfly

scarl3tbutt3rfly

TID Lady Member
Feb 25, 2011
I personally think it is better to just space your meals out differently when you are awake. So if you get up later, than change your meal times and eat closer together (every 2 hrs instead of 3. I don't think interrupting sleep is a good option, but just my opinion. I think often times we think minor things are a bigger deal than they actually are.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
Ive always eaten 6 meals a day my last meal is at 9:30 pm and its shake then to bed at 11pm and it keeps me thru the nite I wake at 5am and start over

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
Im always up till 3 or 4 so im eating constantly. And go to bed and usually wake up at 11-12

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I eat something if the dog has to go out, daddy needs his sleep!

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
I eat 7-8 meals a day depending on training or days off...I get up every night about 3 or so and have 2 scoops (40grm) of whey protein I slam it and go right back to sleep, takes just a couple minutes and I do it when I get up to go to the bathroom.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Im always up till 3 or 4 so im eating constantly. And go to bed and usually wake up at 11-12

So, no, you don't wake up in the middle of the night(morning) to eat. Just making sure there was a point in you letting us know your schedule. Hahaha.

marx

marx

MuscleHead
Sep 29, 2010
If you are drinking enough water, at least if your me you are gonna wake up in the night. Did a ready shake for years. Now do BCAA's.,..

I wake up every night though... without trying at all....

KBD

KBD

I Look Good...
Sep 13, 2010
If you are drinking enough water, at least if your me you are gonna wake up in the night. Did a ready shake for years. Now do BCAA's.,..

I wake up every night though... without trying at all....

I drink so much water, gotta piss like 2-3x a night, gotta stop drinkin it so much lol. 2-2.5 gallons a day.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Ever since i started drinking 50g of casein before bed I don't wake hungry. Even when I wake after 7 or 8 hours of sleep I'm not so ravenous at breakfast that I eat a box of lucky charms while I wait for the eggs to cook lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic