Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Intermittent fasting...your thoughts?

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

Mini Forklift Ⓥ

The Veganator
Dec 23, 2012
I think in concept it's great and it definately has merit; personally I buy into the 'night carb cycling' a little more, John Kiefer has some really solid information available and has got great results from it. It is also something that appears to be a relatively healthy way of dropping weight as well.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
I was thinking about trying if again.

I was thinking about not eating until around 11 AM then eating 3-4 meals for the day.

What are your thoughts on strength being effected by if ?

Strength is my first goal.

It's not effected by it at all. When I started IF, it actually made it easier for me to organize meal plans and simplified it with less meals. My strength went up as a result of being more consistent and eating what I needed. Let me spend my mornings getting things done without worrying about eating too. lol

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
What are your stats Shortz? I tried IF for a solid week and felt flat, weak, and tired, but I have a feeling I'm significantly larger than you so it would explain how you can get your necessary cals in in a short amount of time.

RicanBabe68

RicanBabe68

TID Lady Member
Sep 1, 2011
Hello everyone, long time!

I did the Intermittent Fasting for a week and I actually lost 5 lbs! I found out about it through another website, her name is Dr. Sarah Solomon and she's awesome! Not sure if i can post a link to it, but she explains it in detail as well! Let me know if I can post and I will do so, but you should try it, even if for a week! Good luck everyone considering this! :t2991:

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
What are your stats Shortz? I tried IF for a solid week and felt flat, weak, and tired, but I have a feeling I'm significantly larger than you so it would explain how you can get your necessary cals in in a short amount of time.

I was really just avoiding this post, because I couldn't tell if it was an attack or not.

IF can have several different applications. The first and foremost though, is that of cutting or maintaining for people that have hunger issues and looking to control leptin and appetite. For about 80% of people, it's a great alternative. For people like you, who maintain very heavy weights, it might not be for you. Sure, eating the amount of food that someone like you has to eat would become a bit difficult to do in an 8 hour window. OTOH, if you were to decide to cut, and found that your hunger was out of control and you were having trouble, IF could be applied and work well.

I will admit, that I am starting to hit calories and macros that are becoming difficult to stay in that 8 hour window when I am trying to make gains, but when cutting, IF makes things so much smoother.

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I'm gonna try it. But I'm not going to go without eating for a real long time.

I don't want to eat right when I wake up because that is when I am most hungry.

I wanna try waiting a couple hours before eating.

When I did Carbohydrate Back Loading I would not eat until almost Noon sometimes and my appetite was a lot less.

I'm not going to go that long this time. But just enough to get past the time when I am most hungry.

I'm going to count my proteins, fats and carbohydrates this time.

Usually I just say....ehh....good enough.

Last edited:
monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I haven't lost any strength that I've noticed. It really helps with my late night junk food eating. The schedule is tough for a working man though because I have to do most of my eating at work.

B

b-boy

May 31, 2011
I.F. works, no matter how much muscle you have. I like the lean gains version 16/8 window

Attachments

• 2017-07-04 23.23.41.png
    2017-07-04 23.23.41.png
    239.3 KB · Views: 313
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic