pbtom
What's New?

Intermittent Fasting with DNP

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
So 2020 was not a good year for LK. Being grounded from traveling, sitting home on video calls all day as opposed to running through airports, lifting in nice hotel gyms and eating decent. Surprised most of my bloodwork came back good after the amount of smoked pork and beef I ate last year, but I guess the bourbon and scotch and IPA's counteracted that :)

Started around January 4th with Intermittent fasting, basically eating 2 meals a day, first being some sort of egg white omelet with meat, peppers, onions and a scoop of oatmeal in it. Second being high protein and a big vegetable serving. Would switch up the omelet for a salad with everything but the kitchen sink in it, just low carb. Also added in 300mg of DNP 5 days a week. Took Friday and Sat off from DNP most of the weeks and ate a little less strict on the weekends, but still usually the 2 meals. No drinking at all during the week, dropped IPA's for some High Life's on the weekend, maybe a bourbon or two, no wine or mixers etc.
Also been lifting more regularly as I build up the garage gym, 3 - 4 days a week, cardio has been shoveling snow, LOL I feel like it's snowed every day since 1/4, but anyway.
Finally decided to weigh myself on Friday AM, was going to wait but clothes are getting looser and wanted to see the progress. Down 27lbs so far.
Going to try to keep this going through the end of March or until it warms up. Haven't really been that hungry except before bed some days and I know if I eat something I will pay with the sweats so that is a great deterrent. Also been drinking over a gallon of water a day, lemon or lime in it for some flavor, really keeps you full.
Overall, been working good.

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn 27#s is a hell of a lot how much are you planning to lose? (I mean how fat were you:p)

LK you are a real dedicated cat when you get serious about it.
I will pray, chant and light incense to keep the snow coming for you.
Great job brother, I am currently fatter than a whale myself;)
I should eat some DNP as well.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
27 lbs. you should’ve given it a couple more months and been on 600lb life.
I guess I was fortunate, never gained any covid weight. But I never got to stay home either.
I did get soft and pudgy following my wreck and wouldn’t mind dropping 8 or 10. Giving up my beer, even for a few weeks would probably help but it’s so sweet and tasty.
Can I drink beer on dnp?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Doesn't take much to send me OT, but you made it look easier than usual, LK.

1) Seen occasional references to including oatmeal in protein drinks, but yours is the 1st time I've seen omelets mentioned too. I use blender bottles rather than electric blenders and never got the oatmeal to mix as well as the protein powders, so I've begun substituting oat flour instead. This is either a suggestion to you, OR, an open invite for anyone's comments as to the value of oatmeal vs. oat flour as an additive to other things ... rather than as just as a standalone bowlful that fills your stomach.

2) More details on your DNP regime, please. Like, is the 300mg all in one dose, or split doses, why 5 on, 2 off, how long do you plan on running the DNP, and will the duration always be @300mg or subject to adjusting up or down as you go?

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
LK, this is the best approach IMO. I've gone with higher dosages and more food/carbs basically the same results.

R

Restart

VIP Member
Jan 3, 2019
RawDeal; 5 on 2 off leaves a bit of recovery even with low dosages. You can actually start to feel decent once it wears off. About two days...delayed by two days when you have already started back up.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
@rawdeal I like the consistency the oatmeal gives the omelet, makes it nice and filling and my cholesterol was a little out of whack so this should help. I usually do a 1/2 white onion, spinach, peppers, bacon or sausage, sometimes ground turkey or beef, egg whites and a scoop of oats to sorta keep it all together. I skip the cheese, can't taste any difference most of the time, top with some siracha for a good sweat afterward.

I take the 300mg about 2 hours before bed. After 5 days the concentration build up is about my limit of comfort, I am very sensitive to DNP, highest dose I have ever taken is 500mg and it was unbearable after 2 days. I'd rather take a day off than lower the dose, gives it a little break to have a pizza dinner with my family on a Friday night and not sweat in everyone's plate, lol

@monsoon I would have had to gain more weight than I wanted to lose to get on that show, my wife watches it sometimes for some reason, not sure why. I'm a big fan of wiping my own ass still so no 600lbs for me, LOL
As long as you are hydrated, I don't see the reason you can't have a few beers, completely changed my mentality from when I first tried DNP and would be completely alcohol free. I think it was more that I didn't know how to hydrate properly at the time. I am skipping heavy IPA's and Thick stouts for more Lagers and Pilsners though, would rather have a few extra than all that heavy beer.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
It’s been 20 years since I used it. I don’t remember the details as well but I wasn’t as much of a beer a holic back then.
Of course if I gave up beer, I would probably drop 5 easy no need for dnp

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
They have been making suits for a long time...

LK, at 200-250 do you think you could hide it? I'm thinking of just 200 5 on 2 off
As far as sweating through clothes or random sweats for no reason? Hasn't been an issue yet, I also almost never wear a coat or long sleeves so that helps.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
@tommyguns2 this is what I am doing. Basically eating twice a day, intermittent fasting with low carbs and 300mg DNP about an hour or 2 before bed. Keeping water very high, over a gallon a day as well.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic