Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Intermittent fasting can kill you

massimo1

massimo1

VIP Member
Dec 16, 2022

Meal Skipping and Shorter Meal Intervals Are Associated with Increased Risk of All-Cause and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality among US Adults​

BigSwolePump

BigSwolePump

VIP Member
May 24, 2017

Meal Skipping and Shorter Meal Intervals Are Associated with Increased Risk of All-Cause and Cardiovascular Disease Mortality among US Adults​

Including intermittent fasting in this group is stretching the scope of this study.

Intermittent fasting is not geared toward only eating one meal per day. In fact, I have never seen a proper fasting protocol encourage this.

Meal skipping as studied here is referring to people who only eat once per day(I know these type of people) and typically binge eat during their single meal. I would even venture to say that these are your McDonalds people who order 2 burgers and fries with a large diet coke or the buffet eater type lol

There are dozens of studies supporting proper intermittent fasting along with a healthy diet as being beneficial for blood sugar control to lowering cholesterol which in turn leads to better cardiovascular health.

I think that the intermittent fasting title is out of context or maybe this was meant as a joke as this study didn't even mention it.

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
In college I ate 2 huge meals a day 12 hours apart. 2200 cals at 7 am and 2200 cals 7 pm after training. Worked really well gained a ton of lean mass. Of course at 19 years things were different with BG back then before AAS Slin GH and permabulking for many years. LOL

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Meal skipping as studied here is referring to people who only eat once per day(I know these type of people) and typically binge eat during their single meal. I would even venture to say that these are your McDonalds people who order 2 burgers and fries with a large diet coke or the buffet eater type lol

I think that the intermittent fasting title is out of context or maybe this was meant as a joke as this study didn't even mention it.

Exactly! I have seen those people and you explained them perfectly.

This has nothing to do with healthy eating and fasting.

lifter6973

lifter6973

Jul 3, 2021
I did it once successfully if you count losing weight successful.

Ive put it back on since then but hey it looks like I should be thankful Im still alive.

Edit: I think I ate 2X a day. There was some x hours number that needed to be met before eating again.

L

lamarclark09

Mar 13, 2023
Agree with this article “meal skipping and Shorter meal Intervals are associated with increased risk of all cause and cardiovascular disease mortality among US adults”.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
If this study (and I am sure it was) used regular people eating a normal American diet then I would agree the results are fairly valid. People "skip" meals to lose weight this is nothing like a true intermittent diet. YES, people think the best way to lose weight is to cut calories by skipping meals but most people feast/gorge/pig out when they do eat so their bodies have to work way harder to filter out fats and processed carbs and in turn, it causes higher death rates due to heart disease. This is NOT intermittent fasting.

I hate studies that pick and choose how they want to produce results to fit their overall preconceived ideas.

:rolleyes::rolleyes:

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic