Latest Member
Imsprod1
What's New?

Interesting Stat....1997 vs 2020....% of 16-year-olds with a Driver License

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Just came across this, thought it was an interesting stat. Is it the ability to Uber or Lyft? No family/personal money for car? Environmental reasons? Laziness? No job to get to, because so many slackers who live at home?

So....1997....43%. 2020....25%.

When I was 16 I was working so I could buy a car (actually, started working at 10). Went to the DMV on my 16th birthday. I suspect that the figure before 1997 was even higher.

Wallyd

Wallyd

VIP Member
Dec 10, 2013
I believe that. I know when I was getting ready to turn 16 I was mad because the town I lived it didn’t even give the test so I had to go to a neighboring town. Well they only gave the test on certain days of the week. Wth I couldn’t wait 2-3 days!! Now kids just don’t have an interest in even getting their license.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
when I was 15.5 i took myself to the DMW to get my drivers license permit. We had a local bus cost 50 cent to ride. I once was stopped at a gas station by a local law enforcement asking me for my drivers license. He said I look like a ten year old driving. This was when gasoline was a $1/gallon. Now look at where everything is at. It's a shit show.

Rock Diesel

Rock Diesel

Mar 16, 2022
I've noticed this. I know several people with 16-17 year olds who don't have a license and don't seem eager to get one anytime soon. I've never said anything to them, but always wonder why. I couldn't wait to turn 16 to get my license. I remember the thing back in school was everyone going to driver's ed. I had friends turning 15 and 16 before me who got to go first and I was so excited when I was finally old enough. I got my permit and then my license.

It's weird to me that kids these days don't seem eager. They're perfectly fine being shuttled around by someone else. I guess it's just the younger generation. Almost like people are slowly becoming more ok with losing their autonomy and independence.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
now everyone is becoming super homo's aka queers, living with their parents pass 30, so it's no surprise.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic