Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh

Interesting Question...

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
Gaining and losing weight definitely changes your levers in performing a lift.
Yeah. I meant I don't know so hearsay from my side. This was regarding even water weight will make you stronger.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The idea of "who is really stronger" or "did I really get stronger" is something that kids who don't compete worry about. For guys who compete all you look at is the weight on the bar.

The only time you should worry about weight lifted at a bodyweight is if it pushes you up a weight class and you go from (for example) 2nd in one class to 15th in the next up. Then, you need to think about if the weight gain was worth it. But, if you move from #1 at 220 to #1 at 242 then more weight is more weight.

All that matters is how competitive you are in your class.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
The idea of "who is really stronger" or "did I really get stronger" is something that kids who don't compete worry about. For guys who compete all you look at is the weight on the bar.

The only time you should worry about weight lifted at a bodyweight is if it pushes you up a weight class and you go from (for example) 2nd in one class to 15th in the next up. Then, you need to think about if the weight gain was worth it. But, if you move from #1 at 220 to #1 at 242 then more weight is more weight.

All that matters is how competitive you are in your class.

The flip side could also be true too. Going from #20 in a class to dropping a class and becoming #2 in the class below.

Just trying to spark some discussion. Personally, as I've gotten older I think more about dropping weight while maintaining (or trying to maintain) my strength.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
The flip side could also be true too. Going from #20 in a class to dropping a class and becoming #2 in the class below.

Just trying to spark some discussion. Personally, as I've gotten older I think more about dropping weight while maintaining (or trying to maintain) my strength.
Absolutely! For me, it's all about where you rank in your class.... As an open competitor I sucked at 242, was top 50 for the year at 275, made top 5 as a 308, and finally hit a number one spot at SHW..... I thought my coach was being a dick when I walked in at 250 and he told me I needed to be 350.... lol

I'm with you on dropping weight as we age though.... I'm hoping to stay 340+ until 40 and then drop to 308s and maybe 275 .... you can't lift heavy if you're dead.... lol

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Absolutely! For me, it's all about where you rank in your class.... As an open competitor I sucked at 242, was top 50 for the year at 275, made top 5 as a 308, and finally hit a number one spot at SHW..... I thought my coach was being a dick when I walked in at 250 and he told me I needed to be 350.... lol

I'm with you on dropping weight as we age though.... I'm hoping to stay 340+ until 40 and then drop to 308s and maybe 275 .... you can't lift heavy if you're dead.... lol

It's fun being big when you're young but as you get older that shit takes a toll. I was 140kg when Oly lifting but now I'm just 122kg and it doesn't look like alot while I write it but I feel small as shit. I do feel better but the bars don't jump out of the way for me like they used to. I'm also 37yo now, live in the south, and let me tell you... the humidity is no fvcking joke.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
It's fun being big when you're young but as you get older that shit takes a toll. I was 140kg when Oly lifting but now I'm just 122kg and it doesn't look like alot while I write it but I feel small as shit. I do feel better but the bars don't jump out of the way for me like they used to. I'm also 37yo now, live in the south, and let me tell you... the humidity is no fvcking joke.

I hear you! I'm only in my early 30s and if I had known how good my 20s were I would have one way more drugs! lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic