Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Interesting QOTD posed by a good friend

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
My good friend, put up a video with the question of the day the other day...

Is the expanded sizes, and increasingly "hip" plus size stores hurting societies motivation to live healthfully, and not over indulgent ?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
How many healthy guys here shop in them to find shirts that fit their necks/backs? I know this is in female, but it relates.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Definitely referring to women here with stores such as lane Bryant or torrid...
Also there is no assuming that wearing a larger size = unhealthy or that being thin means you're healthy ....
We all know that that is not true !

But set aside the freaks of nature in this world , and consider average Susan or Laquisha ...

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That doesn't help much though LK, because then the lower half of the shirt is made to tent a small circus. We are just screwed either way unless you have the money to have almost everything tailored.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
Btw here was my answer ...

I think that retailers will be driven to provide whatever is necessitated by the market, in a profit driven market... Their adapting to the increasing average size of the population was caused by the increase, the increase is not a cause of retailers offering larger clothes. Standard retailers are having to offer larger sizes in order to capture the clients that outgrow their offerings instead of losing them to specialty stores such as torrid/lane Bryant.

Being that I am not big enough to shop the plus size stores, I have been disappointed that I see cute things in their windows that would never fit me! Especially being a curvy girl... But It definitely does not encourage me to gain fat to wear their clothes...

I appreciate that as a culture, whether by necessity or out of kindness, we have embraced and offered every woman's freedom to dress in a way that they feel pretty, and open to forming relationships beyond the size on their pants :)?

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
That doesn't help much though LK, because then the lower half of the shirt is made to tent a small circus. We are just screwed either way unless you have the money to have almost everything tailored.

I always forget to check if it is a tall, comes down to my damn knees.

Sorry DC, I got sidetracked :)

RAIDEN

RAIDEN

VIP Member
Feb 22, 2012
Is the expanded sizes, and increasingly "hip" plus size stores hurting societies motivation to live healthfully, and not over indulgent ?
No it just means they are trying to make fat girls look good.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic