Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Interesting Protein

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Designed for Nursing homes and Hospitals.

In 1oz you get

90 Cal
9 Carb
16 Protein

2.5g L-Arginine
Hydrolyzed Collagen Protein and Whey Protein Isolate

With the Collagen for Joint health and the 2.5g L-Arginine

We have it at work and I have access to a shot or 2 of it every day if I want.

http://globalhp.com/index.php/shop/liquid-protien/

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
Formula looks almost identical to those IDS protein shots w/o the carbs.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
I know collagen as a protein sucks. Guess the body doesn't absorb it very well. I was looking at it more of a Joint supplement and L-Arginine is good for my Blood Pressure.

From what little research I have seen on Collagen used in Proteins means it doesn't have all the Amino's needed. Going to shoot them an E-Mail and see if I can get them to break it down.

Last edited:
D

Docd187123

MuscleHead
Dec 2, 2013
I know collagen as a protein sucks. Guess the body doesn't absorb it very well. I was looking at it more of a Joint supplement and L-Arginine is good for my Blood Pressure.

From what little research I have seen on Collagen used in Proteins means it doesn't have all the Amino's needed. Going to shoot them an E-Mail and see if I can get them to break it down.

Collagen also will get broken down in the digestive tract long before it can do any good for the joints or tissues.

Ramrod

Ramrod

MuscleHead
Jun 5, 2012
Ya figured it would be to good to be true... I won't brother with it then. Free was sounding good thou..

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Collagen is not that bad of a protein source. Compared to eggs or Whey it's worse but much of the "anti-collagen" hype came from the supplement companies who claim "superior products". Those protein boosters work very well in seniors, burn victims and patients with wasting diseases (Aids). If they didn't, they wouldn't be used in medicine.
the-more-you-know1.jpg

IronCore

IronCore

Bigger Than MAYO - VIP
Sep 9, 2010
if its free.. and you can get it everyday... TAKE IT!!! I would... as many as I could... every day...

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic