Members
Latest Member
lk has no balls
What's New?

Injury, rehab and recoverytime

zackrock

zackrock

Sep 8, 2010
6 weeks ago a friend broke his ankle, they removed the cast yesterday.

The physical therapist said it would be 6 months before he can get back to doing heavy leg-workouts.

Does it really take that long? I'm hoping that if he's really serious about the physical therapy maybe it won't be that long.

I see some serious atrophy in his right calf, what do you think is the best way to get it back up to equal size with the other calf?

Haven't done this kind of rehab before....could some AAS or other med help shorten the recovery?

He can walk very carefully indoors without crutches, but has to use them outside.

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
how old is the dude? how did he break his leg? does he have any other physical issues that contributed to low bone density?

if not, i think 6 months is crazy too long. usually another 6 weeks of working into it but after that it should be fine. given that there isnt something else going on.

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
there is alot he can do but more info is needed as atw says....i had neck fused in may of last year and was back in the sand fighting a war in 4mths...buddy of mine had rebar thru his calf and was back on full duty in 6mths--- peps brother peps but like i said --more info ...was he in shape before...no pain no gain.....had a hip replaced after taking lead and was running again full tilt in a year (in 96) U see football etc players coming back soon aka mark ingram...its what u do to heal...lay around and longer

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Really? I would think the only 2 joints which would take a long time to heal would be the shoulder and the knee.

I've had shoulder problems and with proper rehab I'm able to start training shoulders again but it took 12 weeks. I had knee surgery which took over a year to recover from but that was a very uncommon case. I had a degenerative bone disease. It was a bit more serious than a break.

I couldn't imagine a break taking 6months to heal. 6-8weeks yes, but not 6 months before heavy lifting.

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
As others have said not enough info to really comment. Alot depends on the degree of the injury, how conditioned he was and still is, and how serious he is about his rehab process. Its good to be aggressive in the rehab process, but not overly so either.

So again its really too many variables to be able to commnet accurately. Participate in his rehab and push it but don;t over do it is the best advice to follow. Also, peps should most certainly help the rehab process as Ita said.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic