Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

Injury in solarplexus area?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Anybody ever had a tear, strain..ligament or muscle right at or a lil below solarplexus? I think I tore something?, sore to touch right where ribcage joins below chest. it's a new one for me had just about every other tear\rupture you could name.. Any thoughts?:-&

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Sounds like the area a buddy of mine had a hernia...you gonna go see a Dr?

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
what were you doing when you injured it?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
I didn't feel anything pull or pop so I can't pinpoint the exercise. It came on slowly, but I think it was my chest day..bench \dumbells, fly's , dips, triceps. It's weird cause now the spot is real tender to touch and kinda radiates down. My 1st thought was hernia..but it's actually the ribs. the very spot where your ribs meet at solaplexis area that is sore?

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Was gonna wait a few more days to see doc..... what are signs of a upper hernia? I had the lower one before..I know that misery!!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
do you have acid reflux issues? the esophagus enters the abdomen right in the middle. and if you have a hiatal hernia then often times the pressure will irritate the diaphragm and radiate from there.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
No acid reflux, just a super sore spot. Directly after i eat it gets a lil like muscle 'twinge' then goes away..Strangest 'injury' i ever felt..must be gettin old..err!..

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
go see the doctor. that is the fastest and best way to get diagnosed. we can all give suggestions but without the entire story and being able to touch and prod, it is hard to be sure. :)

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
Bro Im thinking from what you posted its serratus anterior, easy to hurt on flies especially.
Best advice in this thread is to see Dr if you can one whos a sports med physician preferably.

graniteman

graniteman

MuscleHead
Dec 31, 2011
Thanks ajdos, I just got back from talkin with a nurse, a guy friend!, lol.. but he said it was a strain also .. a relief cause at my age a pain in the chest is panic time!! Funny thing is I don't even like fly's but tried a routine with a friend and now i remember why i don't do them anymore..
Thanks AlltheWay for your input also, my 1st thought was reflux, very glad it's not

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic