Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Injured knee

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
How do I workout around a f***** up knee? No squats, that's obvious but what about leg extensions, curls, oblique press, horizontal press? I need strong quads to offer support to the knee ... When I had surgery on the right knee, they made me use the Cybex when I was revalidating, I wish that equipment was available at my gym!

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
Leg extentions sound like a good idea but use extra light weigths and don't lock your knees. Use 4-0-2 tempo to strenthen the quads. I am a bit sceptical about leg curls though.

Basedow

Basedow

Sep 12, 2010
+ one leg split squats ,dont forget hams and glutes exercise,+ calf stetch

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
Not sure about squats, Basedow .... my right knee is just as f***** up as the left one.

H

hugec2

Sep 15, 2010
Where is your knee hurt at?? How did you do it?? What movements are the most painful??

milleniumgirl

milleniumgirl

Sep 12, 2010
I sprained it and very unstable. I can't flex it completely (I tried a full bodyweight squat and the pain was really bad).

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
MG sorry to hear about the knee. I definitely feel your pain. I had a total reconsruct of the right knee in 93 and am currently rehabbing a grade III acl, mcl and menicus tear. I am 3 weeks post op. How's your progress? I have yet to hit the gym since the surgery but will be back this week. Nothing good till about 12 wks though...otherwise my physio will kill me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic