Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Injection Sites Affect Peak Plasma Levels

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I recently had someone talk to me about how injection sites affect the concentration of a drug in your body. The chart below shows the results of a study in which the deltoid and gluteal injection sites were used. My thoughts are below that. Please let me know if you have any questions...

Deca01.gif

If you look closer at the chart, the concentration of Deca from the glute shot and the deltoid shot is nearly the exact same after 10 days (about what the half life is). So, that does not concern me. A better chart woul be one discussing longer esters with regard to volume in each spot. In that chart, no volume of over 1ml was expressed for a delt shot. The larger volume shot in the glute resulted in a higher inital value but by day 10 was slightly less. That figure is misleading because you are injecting twice a week at least, not every 10 days. So, the concentration of the larger shot would actually result in HIGHER levels overall than the smaller volume shot because you are constantly reloading the drug twice a week. This is the theory behing "frontloading" and why it is said to work so well. You load up on double doses of the drug for the first week and then the rest of the time the amount of the drug you inject is playing off the elevated levels of the drug, not the projected level that you would have with a constant dose.

I hope that makes sense. Much more math and calculations are involved in this than most people realize. And as you can see in the chart the shorter esters move your levels up quicker but they also remain at peak concentration for a smaller amount of time and have a sharp decrease, usually around the half life (in this case after day 4 of the NPP shot you can see a very sharp decrease in levels). So, this tells you that the frequency of injection and the initial amount injected are much more important than injection location.

Rein

Rein

MuscleHead
Sep 10, 2010
I understand what you're saying but the chart actually compares 1ml injected into the delt vs 1ml injected into the glutes. The glute shot is the one in which the drug is absorbed more rapidly.

So if it can be absorbed so fast from the larger muscle groups it eliminates the need to front-load for the first week and you can reach maximum blood levels in a shorter period of time. Don't get me wrong, i love delt shots but my experience tells me that it is not the way to go with long esters.

I am telling you brother, for 6 or 7 weeks straight i injected pharm grade testoviron into my shoulders and i didn't feel the test kick in, no matter what. After a single 1ml injection in my quads, i gained a huge boost in strength, aggression and all the other effects of high test levels and i am pretty sure it wasn't placebo or anything, i injected in my quads because i wanted to avoid the build-up of scar tissue.

Besides, it's no coincidence that all the doctors suggest gluteal/ventrogluteal or quad injections with delt injections being the last choice and only if other injection sites are not available for some reason.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
I understand what you're saying but the chart actually compares 1ml injected into the delt vs 1ml injected into the glutes. The glute shot is the one in which the drug is absorbed more rapidly.

So if it can be absorbed so fast from the larger muscle groups it eliminates the need to front-load for the first week and you can reach maximum blood levels in a shorter period of time. Don't get me wrong, i love delt shots but my experience tells me that it is not the way to go with long esters.

I am telling you brother, for 6 or 7 weeks straight i injected pharm grade testoviron into my shoulders and i didn't feel the test kick in, no matter what. After a single 1ml injection in my quads, i gained a huge boost in strength, aggression and all the other effects of high test levels and i am pretty sure it wasn't placebo or anything, i injected in my quads because i wanted to avoid the build-up of scar tissue.

Besides, it's no coincidence that all the doctors suggest gluteal/ventrogluteal or quad injections with delt injections being the last choice and only if other injection sites are not available for some reason.

That's because as far as the Doc is concerned, you are not shooting it more than once every 2 weeks. This will not fly for cycle usage. What I'm saying is that it's not going to be that much of a noticeable difference. The only thing you have to watch out for with delts is scar tissue. Use no more than a 25g pin, 1" max. Try not to pin shoulders every week, but if you have to that's ok.

D

DIEZEL

MuscleHead
Jan 26, 2011
I pick the spots that hurt the least :) But yeah my shoulders have alot of scar tissue build up.

N

Neveroutgunned

Feb 9, 2011
I gotten to read a few different med journals on IM aas on cancer patients. best results over time were always glutes first and quad second. I personally rotate clockwise quads glutes delts and prefer delts but it's far and few between where you can see the proofbin the scientific pudding when it comes to anything with aas and human trials. I'll hit up google and see if I can pull up some references.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
IMO

Even on daily injections there are troughs and dips in blood levels, despite that daily uptake is constant. Blood levels peak shortly after an injection and slowly fall off through the day until the next injection when there'll be another daily peak. The body is accustomed to it's diurnal cycle, however, and this typically causes little problem.

On the other hand, it's why people are sometimes tempted to run tren ace with twice-daily shots like me! lol and try to run suspension with two or more shots per day.

However much we put into the details of injection schedules, daily uptake charts, plasma levels and half-life decay, though, it does come down to what you posted: injecting more often is typically better than less often due to the troughs and dips that are always worse with less-frequent injections.

forgot about that study, that was a good mento.
http://jpet.aspetjournals.org/content/281/1/93.full

Last edited:
Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic