Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

infrared body wraps

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Anybody tried infrared body wraps? I caught a daily deal of 3 for 33bucks....so I snagged it...siunded like at the least it would be relaxing and maybe even a decent detox...which is worth 11 bucks an hr.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I've done it once I will say I thought it would be relaxing, but it just set off my fight or flight mode and anxiety... it is so hot and I just felt trapped that being said I did sweat a ton, like drenching way oversized sweats in the hour.... I can't attest to seeing any difference otherwise, I can see if you've been pushing fluids how it could be cleansing and know they say it takes 6 to 10 wraps to see any visible changes ...

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I am anxious to give it a go...at least it will be a fun new experience....I am afraid I will like it and then cant afford to do it after my 3 LOL

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I am anxious to give it a go...at least it will be a fun new experience....I am afraid I will like it and then cant afford to do it after my 3 LOL

I was kind of thinking coming into a show week to drop some water it would be awesome if you could get a good deal on a package .... I know around here you can get cheap packages all the time from either buying a bunch at a time or through groupon etc@

B

bubblewbutt

TID Lady Member
Feb 5, 2012
i heard it helps with the water weight and the cellulite while tightening the skin

I jumped on a special too but have not used them yet let me know what you think

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
I don't know about the infrared part, but I tried an herbal body wrap a week before a show in 2005. The interesting thing, and I guess a testament to my prep, I lost less than a cumulative 6" so they gave me the whole wrap for free.

The only caveat I'd give if you're doing this prior to a show, don't do it closer than say 4-5 days away from your show, or you will look watery. It takes a while for the body to flush all the water & toxins & shit that get released as a result of the bodywrap. Same reason you don't do cardio closer than by Wed before a Sat show & stop your training by then as well, and keep your legs up & resting those final days.

One of my little tricks as I come into the final weeks is to do my AM cardio session w/ one of those plastic sauna suits like boxers use to make weight. Depending on where I am in my progress, I'll start at 2-3 weeks out, do only the AM cardio session, walking on a treadmill or stairmaster (something easy so I can keep my arms up and not leak sweat out all over the place), and basically just walk right into the shower to peel it all off. In the past I've dropped 14 lb in 10 days of this. Noting that its mostly water, but it adds a little if you need it. Be sure to stop at the very latest by Wed before your show date so your body has time to complete flushing the water.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
thanks :) I was thinking that maybe if the wraps seem to help with the skin tightening that I would include those, the other option was just laying in the sauna, which I have seen used by others to aid in contest prep. I hadn't considered the sauna suit option, very interesting...

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
thanks :) I was thinking that maybe if the wraps seem to help with the skin tightening that I would include those, the other option was just laying in the sauna, which I have seen used by others to aid in contest prep. I hadn't considered the sauna suit option, very interesting...

I don't like saunas and it means bringing extra clothes for a shower at the gym. By the time I'm done w/ training & cardio I just want to go home and plop anyway. The sauna suit takes a little practice to put it on such that you aren't leaking perspiration everywhere. People laugh when I describe this, but it works:

- put on the pants first
- tuck the shirt into the pants
- put gallon plastic baggies over your socks - don't pull them tight on your toes because you still have to get your foot into your shoes and not break the baggie. I pull a corner of the baggie forward of my toes and fold it over to put into the shoe - sorta like leaving room in the top of a condom.... loloz
- put your foot (w/ the baggie) into your shoe & tie to whatever is comfortable.
- tuck the bottoms of the sauana suit pant legs into the tops of the baggies on your feet
- put a rubber band around the baggie to keep the pants in place

Then go do your cardio. You'll want to keep your hands raised at least to elbow level so the perspiration doesn't go rolling out the sleeves and all over everything. Same w/ the pants, so the water doesnt' go shooting out. I typically sweat off enough to fill the baggies a couple of inches. Imagine that soaking out your shoes and all over the floor if you don't do the baggie thing.

Then after cardio, I basically walk straight into the shower. I used to do this at the gym, but being the lazy ass that I am, I now just carefully get back into my car, go home and do my shower at home. Peel everything off, rinse it out & hang it up for the next day's run. You have to be a little careful w/ the sauna suits - they are only $10 but if they rip wwhile you're on the treadmill or something, its really annoying.

You'll also find it is very exhausting to do an hour of walking cardio in a sauna suit while you're already being depleted for show prep. No need to get really demanding w/ your cardio at this point. I'm usually holding on for dear life just to make it thru the cardio session by the last week or two. But the shit works and I stand by that as my secret weapon in contest prep.

Last edited:
shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
Body wrap done....it was very very hot LOL. I looked up at one point and saw that there was a sprinkler directly overhead and thought...good...it can put me out when I burst into flames LOL

sassy69

sassy69

TID Lady Member
Aug 16, 2011
Body wrap done....it was very very hot LOL. I looked up at one point and saw that there was a sprinkler directly overhead and thought...good...it can put me out when I burst into flames LOL

I was just remembering I tried different bodywrap that might be more like what you just did - it was basically climbing into a giant heated plastic sleeping bag, and then sit & sweat bullets for an hour. I didn't make it through the full hour because it was just too hot.

Make sure you drink a lot of water today because you dumped a lot of water. You might notice you are a little puffy / watery looking as well - this is an example of the look you have while your body is working to dump all the stuff that is now floating around in your system as a result. This is what I was talking about w/ why you stop tanning bed tanning, training & cardio a few days prior to a show, and then keep your legs up. It is just water, but it can make you look puffy and obscure any detail you are trying to show off.

shan

shan

TID Lady Member
Jul 1, 2011
I have a few spots left over where it seems I actually was burned during the wrap....one nickel size spot on my breast and a few smaller spots on my quads...I have 2 more sessions paid for and am going to be sure to wear heavier clothing and get the towels inside the wraps from the get go...

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I have a few spots left over where it seems I actually was burned during the wrap....one nickel size spot on my breast and a few smaller spots on my quads...I have 2 more sessions paid for and am going to be sure to wear heavier clothing and get the towels inside the wraps from the get go...

Yikes! They provided me thick generic sweats that were huge lmao but worked! But I still haD to hit the buzzer when I'm on my back my ribs and hips protrude quite a bit from my stomach and they were burning eveen with the clothing barrier and had to have them add some towels

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic