Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Inexpensive Blood Testing

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
This place is for real, paid for a comprehensive metabolic panel already. $8 for the test and $5 for drawing the blood. They use Quest. You make an account, pay for the test on line, get a lab requisition and then take it to the Quest in your area. The results will be online in .pdf. They are serving 32 states now and the only 3 states they can't offer lab and those are NY, NJ, & RI due to state restrictions.

Link2Labs

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Damn that is CHEAP!

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Guys, just last November I had blood work done and have been asked to do it again.

Here is what Methodist Hospital/Quest Diagnostics charged for 2 test with insurance. My insurance paid nothing so this was all out of pocket.

LABORATORY - GENERAL CLASSIFICATION

$1,164.00

Hc Phlebotomy/venipuncture - Lab Use Only - 36415 (CPT®) - $49.00
Hc Lipid Panel - 80061 (CPT®) - $331.00
Hc Comprehensive Metabolic Panel - 80053 (CPT®) - $784.00

Here is what Link2Labs just charged me to go to Quest to have blood drawn
$23 total
Hc Phlebotomy/venipuncture - $5
Hc Lipid Pane - $10
Hc Comprehensive Metabolic Panel - $8

The other plus is I don't have to drive to the medical center which is 30 minutes, pay $7 to park and walk a 1/2 mile while fasting. Quest has a shop in a grocery store pharmacy close to my house.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Attached is a list of all the states covered for this blood work deal.

Attachments

• L2L - States Covered.pdf
    249.1 KB · Views: 169
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
You paid $1164 for bloodwork and you still have this insurance company?

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
LMAO ... our caring caregivers itemize bills and charge a phlebotomy fee? HOWdafuck else will they get your blood to charge other fees?

Reminds me of when my boy children were born, and besides all the other OB/GYN shit you might expect, a separate fee was billed for the tray that held the instruments for the circumcisions.

Isn't "The first thing, Physician, do no harm to the patients' bank accounts" a part of the Hipocrisy Oath anymore?

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
You paid $1164 for bloodwork and you still have this insurance company?

Yeah, I have no other choice. This is what my state employee retirement gives me. It would be worse if I got it on my own, trust me. We have a $5000 deductible. EVERYTHING is out of pocket until that is met. I honestly pay and insurance company $800/month for insurance that is not worth shit. They do give us some discounts on doctors and limited testing. They also cover long term medication at no cost. I take 3 different blood pressure meds and they are all at no cost.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Bigtex, I try to never miss one of your posts, and my cynicism was directed at "the system," not at you. I also have to jump through hoops when I'm told, but shit like this confirms my usual approach to DIY health monitoring and supplementation whenever possible.

I rant, therefore I am ......

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Thanks rawdeal, I never thought you directed that at me. I completely understand where you are coming from. We have some very smart doctors etc here but our health care system in general sucks! Everyone is ripping off insurance companies and when they don't pay, the patient get screw over. It is getting to be totally unaffordable to get health care. We are constantly looking for ways to get around the system and be healthy.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
Holy smoke that is cheap. I usually pay between 5 - 6 hundred dollars a year for a complete profile including testosterone.

As long as my blood results are current my doctor doesn't care where it comes from. Yes he makes some money on the front end but he's cool and if I bring my own stuff in he'll run with it. I've never seen prices this cheap

The other Snake

The other Snake

VIP Member
Aug 19, 2016
Poor fuukers in Mass. are still on the outside looking in.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic