Latest Member
Majora7
What's New?

Incredible Technology

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
According to Corning, the technology of most things in this video is not very far from reality. In 10 years this is what life could be like....pretty crazy

[video]http://www.youtube.com/watch_popup?v=6Cf7IL_eZ38&vq=medium[/video]

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
I have a secretary. Who needs all that other crap?

captaincaveman

captaincaveman

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 17, 2010
You're right, who needs it, just hand off your work to your employee's, that's what they are for :)
Well, it does have a certain "I have that" coolness about it. But, the conference call for example....how can I pick my nose or yawn? I have to actually act interested if the people can see me. Lots of unintended consequences of technology like that.
-CC-

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Hmmm very cool but not in the real world.The glass dash would be nice until some jackass broke into your car and smashed it .

The outside readerboards would be nice until someone spray painted graffitti all over them.

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
Hmmm very cool but not in the real world.The glass dash would be nice until some jackass broke into your car and smashed it .

The outside readerboards would be nice until someone spray painted graffitti all over them.
I agree with the graffiti, but not the smashing. Some glass already has a better strength rating than metals in material we use on a daily basis. the Iphone 4 already has a front and back case made of high tensile strength glass....the next step is making the entire middle of the phone a single, strong glass "membrane" with smart capabilites. If you guys think smart phones are "smart" right now, just wait 5 years....mark my words!

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
lol you are talking to the owner of a lg3 here! Not even a touchscreen

MAYO

MAYO

Bad Mother
Sep 27, 2010
glass by nature has limitations.....i deal extensively with glass in my job. sharp force impact will over-come most any surface tension. The glass may not break free, but it will crack....transparent plastics are a better option at this point

Get Some

Get Some

MuscleHead
Sep 9, 2010
glass by nature has limitations.....i deal extensively with glass in my job. sharp force impact will over-come most any surface tension. The glass may not break free, but it will crack....transparent plastics are a better option at this point
That I also happen to agree with... plastic/ceramic items are a better option as of now. I wonder if they can combine glass and transparent plastic in the future to create a super material of sorts.

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
well that was interesting but Im old school so that isnt something I would have any way,I still use an AM&FM radio at the gym LOL and home .