Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

Increase in spam calls on your phone?

NavyChief

NavyChief

VIP Member
Sep 26, 2013
Sales calls, 10 to 20 a day. I no longer answer anything from area codes outside mine unless it has a name. When I get duped I double finger 9 and pound back and forth until it hangs up, goodbye.

Fukking hate them all.

Reactions: CFM
CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The only being more sorry than a telemarketer is the fuckhats buying the shit.

Tuffoldman

Tuffoldman

VIP Member
May 23, 2011
There are some apps that keep a live update of phone numbers of known spammers. I use a company called Metro PCS which is part of the T-Mobile network. Our phones come with an app built in that blocks probably 90-plus percent of all telemarketing calls. While I was reading this thread I got a phone call from the same number 10 times in a row but my phone doesn't even ring but I do get an alert that calls were blocked and it was the same number 10 times in a row but at least I didn't have to deal with it.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
So weird..... haven’t received one today yet.....

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
Noticed this too, very annoying. Read of a service called Hiya through a podcast episode I heard a while back, but have yet to use it and report personal experience. Be careful of the apps you install, games even. They might be the culprit in some of these robo calls

S

SilverFox

Oct 31, 2018
If I get a call from a number I do not know, it's instantly blocked on my iPhone. This has become beyond infuriating even after getting a NEW phone with a different number.

Do Not Call list is a pathetic joke.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
The bastards claiming to be from the Social Security office have been calling me non-stop this whole week.....driving me nuts. I was trying to take a nap yesterday, and they would call every half hour...ugh!

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Okay, I’m very happy because I haven’t received a spam call since Thursday. I turned on a beta test for international as well. Just nice it’s stopped for the time being!!!

I do love when I was getting the calls for John Smith, I’m like yeah how original dumb a$$. You say that to every number you spam...

TheChosen1

TheChosen1

Mar 19, 2012
Anyone else start getting 3-4 robo calls a day?

This just started about a month ago for me!

Does anyone have a method for blocking them since they always call from a new number.

Let me know your thoughts!
I was getting alot of Mexican spam. No one speaks English in Cali anymore...lol

I downloaded True call and Metro PCS has ID. Now every spam, even English ones, are blocked.

Bigtex

Bigtex

VIP Member
Aug 14, 2012
Sales calls, 10 to 20 a day. I no longer answer anything from area codes outside mine unless it has a name. When I get duped I double finger 9 and pound back and forth until it hangs up, goodbye.

Fukking hate them all.

Hell, now they spoof your own area code and call. I just quit answering any phone calls. On my cell, I have blocked everything except people who I have in my contact list. I have also blocked all text messages unless they are on my contact list. Been on the DO not call list for years and it is worthless.

S

Shock

VIP Member
Nov 28, 2015
During July-ish, I started getting a few robocalls per day from CA area codes (San Diego I think). I never answered them and a voicemail would show up immediately (could then tell it was a robocall). The message always said the same thing: Your social security number has been deactivated (or something close to that). I bet the calls works on older people.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic