Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Got some Asian speaking robo calls today on the work line

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
I used to get tons of these calls then all of a sudden for the last week or so.....nothing, just red cross wanting me to give blood!!

Littleguy

Littleguy

TID Board Of Directors
Sep 30, 2011
Paris Hilton has been stalking me for over a year since I stayed with her in Portland Oregon call from call centers in small towns all across the West and since we have an investment company I answer every damn call that looks legit.
PITA:confused::rolleyes:

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
So get this, I haven't had any junk calls for a bit, BUT yesterday I get a call from a restricted number (I thought it could be my doctor or something official) and a female robot voice says this is from the social security office and that my SSA has been frozen and I'm getting arrested...to get more information stay on the line to talk to an agent!! Of course it's fake, but there are people who will freak out talk to the "agent" then pay out money to fix the "problem"!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
So get this, I haven't had any junk calls for a bit, BUT yesterday I get a call from a restricted number (I thought it could be my doctor or something official) and a female robot voice says this is from the social security office and that my SSA has been frozen and I'm getting arrested...to get more information stay on the line to talk to an agent!! Of course it's fake, but there are people who will freak out talk to the "agent" then pay out money to fix the "problem"!
What did the agent say?

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

M

metsfan4life

VIP Member
Jan 2, 2014
i continue to get spam texts. block the number but it just keeps coming from a different number. Amazon "rewards" and gift cards pretty much.

Snachito1

Snachito1

VIP Member
Jan 12, 2018
What did the agent say?

I didn't stay on the line, cuz if you mess with them they will make it their job to make you miserable calling you all times of the day as they will mess with you from what I read in an article on AARP magazine!!

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
I've heard also whenever these spammers call, not to say, "yes."

If they say, "Is this so-and-so (your name)?" Don't say yes to that or even the simplest of any other meaningless questions.

Supposedly they can record you saying yes and use that for ID theft. Sign you up for shit and a creditor says they have your voice saying yes to their offer. Not sure if that's true but I got it from a reliable source.

If I answer a call from a number I don't know but looks like it might be a familiar number and they say, "Is this ceo?" I always ask, "Who's calling?"

If they say something that sounds reasonably legit like, "This is Jim Johnson with chase business banking, how are you today?"

I think it might be legit but still not sure so I'll ask what the call is regarding, and let them talk a bit more to decide if I will continue the conversation, or if they indeed are legit. Always have my guard up.

I'm still waiting on that $2.5 million from bank of America 10 years ago. He said I just needed to pay a small federal tax to his third party company first. Some small amount, maybe like $2500, I forget. I told him I would pay the IRS at the end of the year like I always do, but to go ahead and send the funds. Besides, I'm sure the IRS would need more tax than 0.1% on that much money, and California would surely want theirs too. That call ended with me laughing at him and him threatening me.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic