Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

In your opinion what is the best appetite suppressant?

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
If I drink a lot of coffee, my appetite is non existent. Don't know if you're a coffee drinker.

Coffee is a nice treat in the morning for me too. Drink two cups and that makes my morning enjoyable when I am fasting.

2ez

VIP Member
Feb 25, 2012
there are more and more Non surgical weight loss centers popping up over here. My first stent, the MD put me on Qsymia (Phentermine and Topiramate Extended-Release). i had to remind myself to eat. ideal since I work 12hr shifts and no time for a break.

He switched me to try Saxenda. which is a higher dose Victoza. so daily SubQ shots in the AM. for me, between the two....Qsymia works better.

Also, i told my MD that my energy level sucks and that I have been drinking Rockstar or Red Bull. he is adding Phentermine. No an issue as long as one doesn't have cardiac issues.

Last edited:
Goliac7

Goliac7

MuscleHead
Feb 20, 2015
Copenhagen... just not if you have an addictive personality.

jks1

jks1

Aug 30, 2015
Drink a large volume of herbal tea - i.e. 1.5 - 2 pints in a sitting (no added sugar/honey)

Works for me

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
Drink a large volume of herbal tea - i.e. 1.5 - 2 pints in a sitting (no added sugar/honey)

Works for me

That would leave you pretty dehydrated wouldn't it?

biguglynewf

biguglynewf

VIP Member
Oct 11, 2010
Every stim taken at a decent enough dose to quell off hunger seems to sketch me out to some degree. Nothing terrible, but I don't feel as sharp as I should be....and that's saying a lot for a newf...lol. All jokes aside though, they don't work well for me in a thinking situation...and usually the leave me drained. So I don't use them much if at all anymore.

mugz I don't travel like you do, but I'm on the road....far from home and my job doesn't really allow for much break time some days and I can be in some kinda remote areas at times. Some overnights too. I find the best help I get is from making sure I'm well hydrated and by carrying decent snacks with me. I'm probably more flexible than you but even a few bars or something that you can eat to keep you going. So even though not ideal, far better than other options until you can get in a proper meal. My biggest issue can be not eating for a long period of time because of my work and then I'm STARVING and will eat almost anything that is available or that I can fit in.

So so if im prepped with some decent snacks tucked away in the manbag/briefcase or my work vehicle I can eat those and not make bad food choices. It's the difference between hacing an option rather than being forced into poorer choices.

Coffee too helps me in a pinch. If I drink a decent sized coffee that can put off the hunger pangs for an hour or two no matter how hungry I am and how much I might not really want to drink a coffee.

I think to truly lick this issue mugz, you have to get more to the root. Any drug will only treat the symptom and that's not going to be effective. Especially long term since most of the drugs that kill appetite aren't really that good for us. So for me, the best thing you can do is be a little better prepared for long travel/stays in airports/drives and sometimes even longer business meetings.

however saying that....drug wise - illegal or legal.....I'm going to have to go with crystal meth....I mean you don't see too many chubby meth heads do you?

Vikingquest

Vikingquest

Dec 30, 2013
I also travel for work, eat many meals in layovers at airports. Have to find a place to eat at the end of the day before going to a hotel ect. I just recently had surgery and found vicodin really killed my appetite. Not very good if you need to work, drive, ect. Now that I found something, I've been on the search for something that doesn't mess me up mentally. I was prescribed phentermine back about ten years ago to remove some added weight from an antidpressant I was prescribed. It worked very well.

There is a website for legal powdered supplements. They have a mixture of 5 differ supplements that has extremely good ratings. I'll let you know how it works in about a week. It us supposed to burn fat and keep you from being hungry at the same time. Reports of 2-5 pounds in 10 days with little to no changes in diet or training.

Titan

Titan

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2010
Every stim taken at a decent enough dose to quell off hunger seems to sketch me out to some degree. Nothing terrible, but I don't feel as sharp as I should be....and that's saying a lot for a newf...lol. All jokes aside though, they don't work well for me in a thinking situation...and usually the leave me drained. So I don't use them much if at all anymore.

mugz I don't travel like you do, but I'm on the road....far from home and my job doesn't really allow for much break time some days and I can be in some kinda remote areas at times. Some overnights too. I find the best help I get is from making sure I'm well hydrated and by carrying decent snacks with me. I'm probably more flexible than you but even a few bars or something that you can eat to keep you going. So even though not ideal, far better than other options until you can get in a proper meal. My biggest issue can be not eating for a long period of time because of my work and then I'm STARVING and will eat almost anything that is available or that I can fit in.

So so if im prepped with some decent snacks tucked away in the manbag/briefcase or my work vehicle I can eat those and not make bad food choices. It's the difference between hacing an option rather than being forced into poorer choices.

Coffee too helps me in a pinch. If I drink a decent sized coffee that can put off the hunger pangs for an hour or two no matter how hungry I am and how much I might not really want to drink a coffee.

I think to truly lick this issue mugz, you have to get more to the root. Any drug will only treat the symptom and that's not going to be effective. Especially long term since most of the drugs that kill appetite aren't really that good for us. So for me, the best thing you can do is be a little better prepared for long travel/stays in airports/drives and sometimes even longer business meetings.

however saying that....drug wise - illegal or legal.....I'm going to have to go with crystal meth....I mean you don't see too many chubby meth heads do you?

Two things will work: Phentermine and the Paleo diet. I never eat anything derived from wheat. However, Paleo says no milk products... I my self eat a lot of dairy and I eat oats. To me the key was simply trashing wheat products totally. Wheat is very bad for the body. It's in every thing we eat.
T.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic