Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Important talk every dad needs to have with their daughter

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
So there comes a time when you as a dad have to sit down and tell your daughter about the proper usage of...........................

CHALK!

Just finally managed to snag bumpers for my daughter which we have been trying to get covid hit. Came in yesterday along with a 25mm bar. Results of first workout were blisters.

So I finally got to have 'the talk' with her. You wont find any "no chalk" signs in my gym, but you will have to pay hell with my wife if it ends up all over the place ;)

7RJGbGS.jpg

Asx0w1D.jpg

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I've always dreaded the day I'd have to have the talk with mine little sweetie. I could barely get myself to tell her not to curl in the squat rack, but I did finally must the courage!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
:mad: I opened this thread cause that title suggested it was gonna be real interesting ... and I got "CHALK?!" This is like clicking one of FD's links, only in reverse. Mac, any brownie points you had with me for the MyProtein codes are now gone!

macgyver

macgyver

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 24, 2011
I've always dreaded the day I'd have to have the talk with mine little sweetie. I could barely get myself to tell her not to curl in the squat rack, but I did finally must the courage!

Too funny!

:mad: I opened this thread cause that title suggested it was gonna be real interesting ... and I got "CHALK?!" This is like clicking one of FD's links, only in reverse. Mac, any brownie points you had with me for the MyProtein codes are now gone!

I post good deals when they come up. I am kinda always on the lookout. I am stocked up with about 30lbs right now, but if I see any good deals I will post !

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
. . . I post good deals when they come up. I am kinda always on the lookout. I am stocked up with about 30lbs right now, but if I see any good deals I will post !

:) Perhaps I was a bit harsh ... your deals are not ignored, just mis-remembered a bit. The recent one I jumped on was MyProtein; the one I caught maybe a year(?) ago was BulkSupplements . I just checked my stash, and both use similar sturdy bags rather than the plastic jugs the brand names like ON use. Brownie Points reinstated.

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
This post is too cute, love it Dad!

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
This post is too cute, love it Dad!

Noticed that too Bova. The occasional posts about his son and the car shows, the daughter in their gym ... I'm thinking Fathers Day must be bigger than Thanksgiving + Xmas at the Macgyver house. My 2 have been up and out on their own for a while now. Felt kinda good at first, now a little sad.

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
I need to have a different "talk" with my daughter. I get dressed to workout and she goes "I need to exercise for virtual phy ed. Can we go on a hike?".

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic