Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Important supplements? Casein protein?

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
What supplements do you take on a regular basis?
Which do you think are the most key supplements for body building and muscle growth?

I currently only am taking whey protein and creatine!
I have taken all sorts of supps back in the day before using AAS. Stuff like ZmassPM and other crap that didnt really do much for me back then!

I was thinking of getting some casein protein powder. Thinking of getting a slow digesting protein to take at night!
Anyone take this?
Do you think it would be a good sup for my night time protein shake? Feeding my muscles slowly over the night to help recovery? Sounds great in theory!

Anyone have experience?

Thank You
Fork-Lift

jhotsauce7

jhotsauce7

TID Board Of Directors
Jan 18, 2011
I am using a casein, isolate blend. I like to take it intrawork out with creatine Eaa's and citruline malate. I also like to mix in HBCD in with this. HBCD (highly branched chain dextrose) is probably my favorite supplement for intrawork out ... Gives me crazy energy and recovery

i got this method from the mountain dog man himself john meadow

Last edited:
GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
I used to use casein. It's helpfull to stave off nighttime hunger when you're in diet/prep mode. Otherwise, I prefer cottage cheese. I always use a whole food when I can. I'm not sure about the "steady influx of protein over night" theory. I think in general if you hit your target for the day, you'll be okay. I do know that casein, like fiber, keeps your belly full for a while and that's why I would use it.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Well right now i am bulking, as most do during winter!
Currently logging a blend(a tren blend 450) for a UK lab. Tren E 150, Test E 250, Test P 50. Not going to mention the name of the blend or the lab because I was advised that you guys dont really talk much about sources here. Just bro-science and i respect that!

So your saying that this is probably best used during intra-workout, which makes sense!
I don't need to be feeling full all the time! THats for sure not while bulking anyways.

GiantSlayer

GiantSlayer

VIP Member
Jan 27, 2013
My aim during a bulk is usually to choose foods that are easier/faster to digest so I can eat again sooner. Like white fish instead of beef or white rice instead of sweet potato. Casein does not fall into this category.

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
I agree with you 100% slayer!

So casien not a good choice while bulking is the conclusion?
Not good if its going to make me feel full! I need to eat a min of 60 grams of protein every 3hrs!
Have been having trouble with my dieting now that im stepping it up but luckly i have a lot of vets who compete or have competed in the past to guide me.

i mean im no noob! been doing this for years and training hard seriously for 5 years! Exercising and working out for 10 plus. I just dont have the science of the nutrition down pat just yet! Not if im going to step it up and compete with in a few years! My people tell me now that i could go for physique but i need to step it up if im going to attempt it!

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
I am using a casein, isolate blend. I like to take it intrawork out with creatine Eaa's and citruline malate. I also like to mix in HBCD in with this. HBCD (highly branched chain dextrose) is probably my favorite supplement for intrawork out ... Gives me crazy energy and recovery

i got this method from the mountain dog man himself john meadow

defiantly going to incorporate this into my shakes! along with some BCAA's! L-gluatine and dextrose!
My workout shakes i have been getting creative! ill post my fav shake in another thread but def need to start adding some dextrose and BCAA's! need to start taking gluatime as well!

Thanks for the advice. You kind of answered a question i havn't yet asked hah

FL

Last edited:
Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
I used to use casein. It's helpfull to stave off nighttime hunger when you're in diet/prep mode. Otherwise, I prefer cottage cheese. I always use a whole food when I can. I'm not sure about the "steady influx of protein over night" theory. I think in general if you hit your target for the day, you'll be okay. I do know that casein, like fiber, keeps your belly full for a while and that's why I would use it.

Cottage cheese with some Franks Redhot is the ticket!

Rampage

Rampage

MuscleHead
Oct 26, 2011
Blend the cottage cheese with the casein protein? I might try that out myself, I have been blending some greek yogurt into my protein shakes

Fork-Lift

Fork-Lift

MuscleHead
Jan 8, 2015
Blend the cottage cheese with the casein protein? I might try that out myself, I have been blending some greek yogurt into my protein shakes

thats my secret ing. in my protein shakes lol! strawberry greek yogert with some reg. yogurt! the greek is the key tho!

im going to post up later my daily protein shake in the nutrition area in a bit!

Project

Project

Jun 22, 2011
cottage cheese covered with sriracha is my go-to. put it on a bed of hot veg if you're real hungry!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic