Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

I'm starting a new chapter in my life. What's your advice?

• Thread starter Funny_Asian_Man
  • Start Date
Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
I did not start learning until after the indoctrination schools. Something always felt off the things we were getting told. A lot of it did not make since so little by little I started to go down the rabbit hole only to realize this world we live is one hundred percent fabricated and useless. It was very noticeable after completing a four year undergraduate education. If you want to call it an education. This is designed for a docile population. No real knowledge is given and the only real knowledge left is fragmented. I'd say try to snapped out of it and pay attention to the details reading between the lines.

You don't have faith in formal education?

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
I could offer up some advice; but did I get it right - you are 31 yo? You are already a man and should know what to do.

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
I could offer up some advice; but did I get it right - you are 31 yo? You are already a man and should know what to do.
Not only do I know what to do, I'm arrogant enough to believe I know more than anyone else in the world. Sincerely.

But part of my life is also to never stop learning. It's not like I truly know more than anyone even though I believe it.

Like, I know hard work pays off. I know how important it is to maintain a good social life. I know I must be frugal. Things like that. But it doesn't hurt to learn more. If you think your advice is good, I will listen and absorb it.

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Not only do I know what to do, I'm arrogant enough to believe I know more than anyone else in the world. Sincerely.

But part of my life is also to never stop learning. It's not like I truly know more than anyone even though I believe it.

Like, I know hard work pays off. I know how important it is to maintain a good social life. I know I must be frugal. Things like that. But it doesn't hurt to learn more. If you think your advice is good, I will listen and absorb it.
Just be open to learning new perspectives, but you already appear to be....

Funny_Asian_Man

Funny_Asian_Man

Nov 30, 2022
Just be open to learning new perspectives, but you already appear to be....
Cool. Thanks.

There are certain things that are nonnegotiably unmodifiable though. Right? Certain things that are always right or wrong? No alternative perspective is any good about it? Like cannibalism?

Tomas Payne

Tomas Payne

VIP Member
Jul 29, 2014
Cool. Thanks.

There are certain things that are nonnegotiably unmodifiable though. Right? Certain things that are always right or wrong? No alternative perspective is any good about it? Like cannibalism?
Correct. Somethings are universally correct while others could be relative. Let to discern the difference.

HardManifest

HardManifest

MuscleHead
Nov 21, 2022
You don't have faith in formal education?
It's more of an indoctrination than an education. Lets take simple stories. Columbus. Discovered what? people were already there. Fiat currency? central banks? owning real estate? retirement? things that actually have matter and value for a long term life. Instead the camps are filled with electives that have no value. It was time wasted.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
Get a solid job and always work to be better and train in your spare time. Play the job safe, but take risks to grow. When you screw up, learn for the next time, own your screw up and make it right.

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
I can't add anything, but will reiterate the following:

College may be over, take advantage of it while living at home with your parents. Start planning ahead for when you actually move out.....are you? lol. Live within or below your means. Work more than one job for a few years while you are kid-less. If you plan on having kids, you need to be ahead of it all and spend time with them. This is where working your ass off earlier will help give you leverage on the 'time spent' with them. Get yourself secure before having kids (assuming you don't already have any?, lol).

Don't let lifting ruin your financial life. Have a good diet, go all in on it, but don't let it break the bank. Shop around for best buys on food, take your woman/family out when it's needed, but be smart. You don't have to be a tight-wad, just don't go out and live expensive.

Don't get married....haha.

If you get married, find somebody who also has the same interests as you....gym, eating, hobbies, etc.

None of it is hard if you plan ahead, and live within your means, but a divorce, or being lazy, will fukk everything up and put you in the ground or under. Always put your kids first, no matter what.

Work doing what you like and love. Wake-up with a positive attitude and think of ways to make those around you better too. Nothing worse than going to a job where everybody and their mom is miserable and thinks negative, or if they are lazy.

Take care of your health....cardiovascular-wise.

I have no idea where i'm going with all this, there are tons of tips:)

MR. BMJ

MR. BMJ

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 21, 2011
Also, if you have time and can do it, learn trade-school type jobs and skills....in case your degree doesn't fulfill. It's good to learn these skills to fall back on. Most kids these days do not know how to work using their hands.

Something that Ron Partlow mentioned.....try to learn a new skill consistently.

The above in this post also helps from a mental standpoint. Like I worked in a clinic all day.....when I got out in the yard or did "man stuff," it made me feel better. Learn 'Man stuff," or "Fun stuff," for....yourself. It may not be a money maker, but is fun and helpful to fall back on if needed.

S

searay

VIP Member
Dec 20, 2017
Hi.

College semester is almost over. Just two weeks. Thank heavens. So much hard work finally paying off.

College life is done. I'm starting a new chapter in my life. I'll dedicate my remaining years in the sport of Olympic-style weightlifting and be competitive at the master's division. I'm thirty-one years old right now and have much wisdom. I believe I have figured out the optimal training in order for me to reach my goal. I'll do it drug-free.

I have my hobbies to keep me sane in the process.

What is your general life advice for me?

Thank you.
I'm confused. Are you saying that now that you're done with college you're going to dedicate your life to Olympic lifting? Will that be your job? Do you plan on getting paid to lift? Your 31 yrs. old, have an excess of wisdom, just graduated college with a degree in what? Olympic lifting? Grow the fuck up and go to work. Get off the food stamps and stop depending on others to pay your way. You seriously need professional help and this isn't the place to get it. WTF????

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic