Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

Illicit Online Markets Shuttered

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Had the thrill of seeing Sessions announce this on a vid. Whether you're a Trumpet or a snowflake, ya gotta wonder if this man's brain is receiving enough oxygen and glucose. He may have been hell on wheels back in the segregationist south, but he looks 2 steps away from the Dwindling Days Nursing Home now.

Also saw him in a separate announcement declaring how good asset seizure is for America, something none of us need ever worry about, ever . . . . :mad:

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
How any so-called Republican or conservative can be ok with civil asset forfeiture (fucking stealing really) is so totally beyond my comprehension.

All it took for me to write off sessions was "good people don't smoke marijuana" and "it's dangerous"...

What a feeble minded idiot.

R

rawdeal

TID Board Of Directors
Nov 29, 2013
Never claimed to be a legal expert, but that whole asset seizure shit infuriates me, seems sort of unconstitutional. If a person who is arrested is entitled to legal representation, how does he get it with no money to hire a lawyer?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Good question. If they Rico all your assets aren't you in essence broke?

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
I'm a very conservative person politically, and I agree with all of you. Civil asset forfeiture is a scam pure and simple, and the government ought to be ashamed.

If they choose to seize some assets after establishment of guilt, that may be a different matter. But until then, the gov't has no right seizing anything.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
It appears this guy didnt have his computer encrypted or maybe the whole idea of encryption is false....A guy running an operation like this should have had a secured system....

P

pumpingiron22

Mar 2, 2014
It's crazy how far they went to get this guy.

Make me ask the question just like Ross of silk market just because one host a site.
Should they be guilty of whatever is sold there?

That would be like some one selling something illegal on Amazon and then They take the owner of Amazon to jail.

I think that's just plain wrong to arrest some one for others actions!

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
He profited and encouraged illegal activity via the net, thats the crime, easy to go after.....I am just shocked he had his bitcoins in plain view on a computer, thats just not being very smart....

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
It's crazy how far they went to get this guy.

Make me ask the question just like Ross of silk market just because one host a site.
Should they be guilty of whatever is sold there?

That would be like some one selling something illegal on Amazon and then They take the owner of Amazon to jail.

I think that's just plain wrong to arrest some one for others actions!
Bb dot com was held liable including the CEO iirc after selling spike supps that they didn't even manufacture they just retailed

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic