Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

IIFYM works....PERIOD

ITAWOLF

ITAWOLF

VIP Member
Dec 9, 2010
im lucky to eat at all --coffee in am 5am ---nothing till about 5-6ish ---maybe a small snack around 9
been days without real food before --so when im hungry I will eat
Saturday I eat everything

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013
@macguyver I hear you! I basically eat burgers and sandwiches, fruits and veggies with some whey isolate supplementation at 40/30/30 macro split when maintaining or bulking.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
I am not @Mike_RN but I will share my answer.

I do very technical work which requires lots of problem-solving and concentration all day long. I have no trouble concentrating, maybe actually better concentration since I am not feeling like I need to eat all the time.

There was an adjustment period initially but for me it was my new 'normal' in less than a week. Going back and fourth, I dont think would work for me and set me back. After the first 3 days, ,my food cravings early in the am went away.

I am not strict about the fasting period. I dont get all bent out of shape about a specific 'window'. That said, I try to not eat lunch till 2pm-ish. And my last 'meal' (which is usually supplemental protein and fiber before bed comes at about 10:30 pm So my 'fasting period' is generally 15-16 hr. Some days a little less, others more.

I DO have some minimal cals in the AM in my coffee. I use a MCT powder as a creamer in my coffee. (does not impact blood sugar and only about 10 cals per cup, so I just roll with it) . I used to use a splash of milk, but figured the MCT would be 'better', but there was nothing wrong with the dash of milk either....

Pretty much covered it. I’m in PACU (recovery room) but worked in a very busy ER for 10yrs prior. Aside from being a little slow during a few adjustment weeks, Inrun high speed and less foggy faster than I did when I ate a big breakfast.

I do half and half with a teaspoon of raw brown sugar in my coffee 20oz every morning. I’m not trying to stay in Ketosis per se, so the little bit of calories isn’t enough to make a difference in the benefits of fasting.

Thanks for both of your responses. I think I'll give it another try this winter after classes. If it works as well as you both say it would make my life a WHOLE lot easier. Perhaps, I can pick ya'lls brains about it as well.?

M

musto

Oct 14, 2018
Yea, IIFYM isn't for conservative people, I just find it so hard to brainwash some of my friends from their stupid diets

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic