Members
Latest Member
pbtom

IFBB Figure - Line Blurred??

wesleyinman

wesleyinman

MuscleHead
Jan 9, 2014
Natalia took 1st place in IFBB 'Figure'. She looks awesome.

Question or potential issue being that alot of Competitors feel this is a varying look to what is required to win 'figure' competition.

Hoping to hear from female competitors here but anyone chime in. Is the IFBB blurring or confusing the line between figure and bodybuilding?

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
There is no more women's bbing. They did away with it and replaced it with women's physique.

I think that's the big issue with figure. They judge's opinions vary greatly as to what they want to see.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
My wife is built like DLB. (Did great 4th & 5th at Nats) for two seasons in WPD after being told she was "too big" for figure. Now the Figure girls look like DLB and the physique look like Lenda Murray. Nothing consistent about NPC/IFBB ever.

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010
My wife is built like DLB. (Did great 4th & 5th at Nats) for two seasons in WPD after being told she was "too big" for figure. Now the Figure girls look like DLB and the physique look like Lenda Murray. Nothing consistent about NPC/IFBB ever.

I'm sympathetic bro. My wife's training partner was a figure pro and came into the Arnold years ago in amazing condition, and took only third and was told she was too lean and hard. So 5 months later she came into the Olympia and toned it down, and dropped to 8 or something like that and was told she was too soft! Darned if you do, and darned if you don't! Plus in figure, a lot of crap goes on behind the scenes depending on whether you sign with Manion's agency (actually, I think it's his son's agency). If you do, things tend to get "better" for you.

htu

htu

Jan 15, 2012
Wow, the detail on her quads in that pic is crazy. Serious feathering.

Ripitup

Ripitup

MuscleHead
Aug 29, 2013
She is disgusting! Certainly not what I call "figure". I don't know how a guy can look at that and think she's hot. I'll pass.

OldManStrength

OldManStrength

VIP Member
Apr 8, 2015
She is disgusting! Certainly not what I call "figure". I don't know how a guy can look at that and think she's hot. I'll pass.

She does not look like that all the time, that just for show.... give her a couple of weeks with carbs and beer, thats when the fun starts

chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk

MuscleHead
Oct 28, 2010
Wow, the detail on her quads in that pic is crazy. Serious feathering.

My personal feelings of what is attractive aside. I have to agree with htu and say those quad rips would never be accepted in any local show I know of. The NPC here wants hard and sleek but not cut. Add too much muscle and you get some very blurry lines.

Hawk

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Not sure where you're at but NPC Northeast is rewarding this look at all the NY,NJ,CT shows.

Enasni

Enasni

TID Lady Member
Feb 10, 2014
Phone won't quote... how annoying

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Think she looks great. Have a couple friends who compete at the Olympia level figure and they don't come in soft. The come in hard, grainy, and they have muscle. The "soft" look will get you a place at a local show but not when you step on stage at Nat's or beyond.

Also, she looks great and it's already been stated... she won't look that way all the time. Sexy as hell if you ask me. Most people don't realize that it's the illusion of size in the pic.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic