IFBB Figure - Line Blurred??

Discussion in 'Female Bodybuilding, Fitness & Figure Competition' started by wesleyinman, Aug 6, 2016.

1. wesleyinman

wesleyinman VIP Member

Jan 9, 2014
    Natalia took 1st place in IFBB 'Figure'. She looks awesome.

Question or potential issue being that alot of Competitors feel this is a varying look to what is required to win 'figure' competition.

Hoping to hear from female competitors here but anyone chime in. Is the IFBB blurring or confusing the line between figure and bodybuilding?

2. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    There is no more women's bbing. They did away with it and replaced it with women's physique.

I think that's the big issue with figure. They judge's opinions vary greatly as to what they want to see.

3. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    My wife is built like DLB. (Did great 4th & 5th at Nats) for two seasons in WPD after being told she was "too big" for figure. Now the Figure girls look like DLB and the physique look like Lenda Murray. Nothing consistent about NPC/IFBB ever.

4. tommyguns2

tommyguns2 Senior Moderators Staff Member

Dec 25, 2010
    I'm sympathetic bro. My wife's training partner was a figure pro and came into the Arnold years ago in amazing condition, and took only third and was told she was too lean and hard. So 5 months later she came into the Olympia and toned it down, and dropped to 8 or something like that and was told she was too soft! Darned if you do, and darned if you don't! Plus in figure, a lot of crap goes on behind the scenes depending on whether you sign with Manion's agency (actually, I think it's his son's agency). If you do, things tend to get "better" for you.

5. matthewk04

matthewk04 VIP Member

Jul 21, 2013
    Those lats.

6. htu

htu VIP Member

Jan 15, 2012
    Wow, the detail on her quads in that pic is crazy. Serious feathering.

7. Ripitup

Ripitup VIP Member

Aug 29, 2013
    She is disgusting! Certainly not what I call "figure". I don't know how a guy can look at that and think she's hot. I'll pass.

8. OldManStrength

OldManStrength VIP Member

Apr 8, 2015
    She does not look like that all the time, that just for show.... give her a couple of weeks with carbs and beer, thats when the fun starts

Ripitup likes this.
  9. chicken_hawk

chicken_hawk VIP Member

Oct 28, 2010
    My personal feelings of what is attractive aside. I have to agree with htu and say those quad rips would never be accepted in any local show I know of. The NPC here wants hard and sleek but not cut. Add too much muscle and you get some very blurry lines.

Hawk

10. Mike_RN

Mike_RN Senior Moderators Staff Member

Aug 13, 2013
    Not sure where you're at but NPC Northeast is rewarding this look at all the NY,NJ,CT shows.

11. Enasni

Enasni TID Lady Member

Feb 10, 2014
    Phone won't quote... how annoying

12. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    Think she looks great. Have a couple friends who compete at the Olympia level figure and they don't come in soft. The come in hard, grainy, and they have muscle. The "soft" look will get you a place at a local show but not when you step on stage at Nat's or beyond.

Also, she looks great and it's already been stated... she won't look that way all the time. Sexy as hell if you ask me. Most people don't realize that it's the illusion of size in the pic.