Latest Member
pbtom
What's New?

"IF" Intermetted Fasting

Turbolag

Turbolag

TID's Official Donut Tester
Oct 14, 2012
While you are fasting, is it ok to drink Crystal Light? Or chew sugar free gum?
Or drink diet soda?

Last edited:
silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
From my research and talking with people, I've found that 180 calories on fast day will still get you good results. So maybe a protein shake after a workout but thats it.

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
Or drink diet soda?

I don't think it's ever healthy to drink anything made with an artificial sweetener, but that's just my opinion. As far as breaking the fast, I think it's probably fine, but not ideal.

From my research and talking with people, I've found that 180 calories on fast day will still get you good results. So maybe a protein shake after a workout but thats it.

On fast day? These people are going whole days without eating??!! :-o That's not something I could ever do. But I am super strict on my 16 hour fasts. I don't eat or drink or chew anything besides water.

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
Or drink diet soda?

Personally i Drink crystal light and chew sugar free gum while in the fasting period. But like sad said its probably not ideal. But i find that it makes zero differance in my fasting if I use them, but thats just me.

B

Bilter

VIP Member
Jun 7, 2011
I have been practicing modified ADF (alternate day fasting) for nearly 3 years now. It is considered modified ADF because I do break my fast a bit early in order to make sure I am ready for weight training the following day. I have found it is BY FAR the easiest most effective means of controlling body comp. Through minor adjustments in cardio and food intake (both timing and quantity) I can lose fat, gain muscle or simply maintain. My fasts last for 20 hours (8:00pm to 5-6:00pm the following day) at which time I will eat 500-800 calories of protein and fat (lean beef or some fish, chicken or port). I perform cardio in a fasted stated the at the start of my fasting day. Its a great time to burn any FFA my body has released for energy during the nite (mod GRF and GHRP assist in the release) and its a great apatite suppressant.

I go to bed get up the following morning and start eating, some simple carbs (for super compensation of glycogen stores) complex carbs and fats and protein. As the day goes on I my carb intake is solely complex carbs to fuel my evening workout.

The health benefits, even of IF, are similar to what people get out of CR diets without all the long term suffering :)

It is best to not jump right into it and attempt a 20+ hour fast to start. I once was a person that had to eat every 2 hours or I became an asshole (more so then usual). In fact I was so bad my wife would keep snacks in her purse and give me one when I started becoming a prick. When I began ADF I would simply try to make it to 10:00am without food and just kept pushing the time out. I can now go 36 hours easily but choose not to due to weight training.
BTW, I tried weight training in a fasted state a couple of time just for fun and to test super compensation effects of glycogen after the fact. I was as weak as a baby and found it to be a useless thing to do. Cardio is no problem, any type of strength activity suffers greatly.

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Wow I can't imagine going 20 hours without anything.

I've been hearing how bad artificial sweeteners are but, I do still use them. Crystal light and diet soda seem to help out a little with my cravings for sweets.

Right now I'm doing a 15 hour fast, 9pm-12-pm.... I started with 14 hours, then moved it up to 15. Maybe in a week or so I can move it up to 16. That's a long time! Haha.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Wow I can't imagine going 20 hours without anything.

I've been hearing how bad artificial sweeteners are but, I do still use them. Crystal light and diet soda seem to help out a little with my cravings for sweets.

Right now I'm doing a 15 hour fast, 9pm-12-pm.... I started with 14 hours, then moved it up to 15. Maybe in a week or so I can move it up to 16. That's a long time! Haha.

Good luck homie! I have all these assholes around me talking about food right now and I'm bugging! Can't eat til 2:30 smh

Turbolag

Turbolag

Oct 14, 2012
Thanks man! You too!

2:30 will get here before you know it.

I'm watching the clock right now haha

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
I'm sitting a chipolte with the kids and wife watching them eat. But I got my double meat everything on it burrito to tear up here shortly, it will be grand.

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011
Hell yeah! I'm def hitting that up tomorrow. Tonight is 16oz ribeyes! Double meat subs all afternoon.

P

pjl323

Apr 30, 2013
Does the fast period have to be the same hours every day or can they change? I work 4 days at weird hours (0300-1330) and the fast hours would end up being different on my 3 off days

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
This is going to sound weird but it's true for me. Fasting tends to slow my metabolism down which might sound like a bad thing at first but since I have a very high metabolism it's a good thing. It is my personal belief my body seems to learn how to process more from the food I eat where as before I think much of what I ate just went to waste. My body I believe starts think holy **** we might not get food we better make the most out of what we have. For awhile I was up to 5000 calories a day just to maintain weight not even to gain weight (Those expecting to be big with that calorie load will be mistake no I'm not really big at all I sit around 180). Fasting allowed me to only need 3000 calories to start growing again.

Fasting consistently doesn't lean me out it actually makes me look like an endurance runner lean yet smooth so I don't fast unless I need to slow my metabolism down. I am very much an exception to this type of diet I've known it to work great for many people it just doesn't with me when it comes to get shredded but it does have other benefits for me as already stated.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic