Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

"IF" Intermetted Fasting

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Has anybody ever done this before? I've done research on google and from what I've read is that studies have proven it to work better for fat loss than calorie restriction. Trying to find the actual studies now but I'm looking for someone who has actually done it or has had a client on it and what they think.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I didn't like it only because I apparently did it wrong. I was cramming my 6 usual meals into 3 meals during an 8 hour window. I was nauseated for days doing this. I guess you're supposed to just eat?

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
I'm having a blast with it, lol. It's mindless. Don't eat, don't eat, don't eat, FAWKING EAT!!!!!! I eat whatever sounds good and tastes good, and I eat until I'm full. When I'm hungry again, I do the same thing, as long as I'm in the 8 hour window. I'm down to 298 from 310. The first 5-6 pounds flew off, mostly just bloat, and then since then it's been steady at about 2.5 pounds per week. I look flat at times, and really full at times. I've had some really good workouts, and some sub-par workouts. All in all, I'm very happy with it and I feel like it is very sustainable.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
Thanks guys, thats what I want to hear. Real world results, cool.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I'm having a blast with it, lol. It's mindless. Don't eat, don't eat, don't eat, FAWKING EAT!!!!!! I eat whatever sounds good and tastes good, and I eat until I'm full. When I'm hungry again, I do the same thing, as long as I'm in the 8 hour window. I'm down to 298 from 310. The first 5-6 pounds flew off, mostly just bloat, and then since then it's been steady at about 2.5 pounds per week. I look flat at times, and really full at times. I've had some really good workouts, and some sub-par workouts. All in all, I'm very happy with it and I feel like it is very sustainable.

This is what scares me about it. I'm 270 right now. My body does NOT want to be this big at 5'11" and my shit genetics. Its taken a ton of hard work to get to here. I am scared of losing muscle if I'm not eating enough. The weight lost will be muscle won't it?

RedNeck

RedNeck

MuscleHead
Dec 30, 2010
This is what scares me about it. I'm 270 right now. My body does NOT want to be this big at 5'11" and my shit genetics. Its taken a ton of hard work to get to here. I am scared of losing muscle if I'm not eating enough. The weight lost will be muscle won't it?

My muscle loss to fat loss was minimal. Its just taking the bad with the good. But yes there will be some muscle loss unfortunately.

I'm usually on a decent amount of test when I run IF, I'd like to think maybe that helps combat the muscle loss some

danrojigga

danrojigga

Rottens Pimp
May 24, 2011
Sounds better than keto. I need to do some research

Go Away

Go Away

MuscleHead
Dec 28, 2011

You train fasted too?
I decided to start this morning. So hungry already and I'm lifting today. What in the hell was I thinking?!

Can't wait until tonight. Feast!

SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011

You know how muscle-rexic I am, and I'm very content with the composition of what's been lost thus far. When I'm flat at the end of a fast, I'm slightly concerned about how much muscle I've lost, but then I feed and workout and I feel MUCH more content with where I am.

You train fasted too?
I decided to start this morning. So hungry already and I'm lifting today. What in the hell was I thinking?!

Can't wait until tonight. Feast!

I mostly train in between my first and second meal of the 8 hour window, but I've made a point to make it to the gym for some conditioning work at the end of a fast and it hasn't been terrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, cardio is terrible all by itself, and when you have a gnawing pit of hunger in your torso, it makes it worse. But I keep them short and explosive. Like HIIT rowing for a total of 12 minutes. 1 minute on, 1 minute off.

And the "can't wait until tonight.....feast!" comment is exactly why I actually have embraced this diet. I have this epic meal to look forward to everyday, instead of the grind of eating all the damn time.

silntrunin

silntrunin

MuscleHead
Aug 30, 2011
You know how muscle-rexic I am, and I'm very content with the composition of what's been lost thus far. When I'm flat at the end of a fast, I'm slightly concerned about how much muscle I've lost, but then I feed and workout and I feel MUCH more content with where I am.

I mostly train in between my first and second meal of the 8 hour window, but I've made a point to make it to the gym for some conditioning work at the end of a fast and it hasn't been terrible. I mean, don't get me wrong, cardio is terrible all by itself, and when you have a gnawing pit of hunger in your torso, it makes it worse. But I keep them short and explosive. Like HIIT rowing for a total of 12 minutes. 1 minute on, 1 minute off.

And the "can't wait until tonight.....feast!" comment is exactly why I actually have embraced this diet. I have this epic meal to look forward to everyday, instead of the grind of eating all the damn time.

Thanks for the extra details bro. Gonna start a client on "IF" this week starting with 1 day a week to see how she responds. I'll post up results after a few weeks. Hell I might even give this a shot.

C

C T J

Crossfit VIP
Jan 24, 2013

Come on PoB! Get off your megarexia.
It's all a mind game. Even if you lose some muscle you may appear bigger because of the cut and you know that.

TheClap

TheClap

VIP Member
Oct 25, 2011
This ^^^ I love not having to eat until I'm actually hungry and then (since I'm not trying to make time for 6 meals a day), actually having time to make something that I really want to eat, and then eating until I'm stuffed. I love the feeling of gorging on good, fresh food when I'm hungry instead of choking down some cold dry chicken and whatever that I cooked 4 days ago. I'll gladly take a few hours of hunger over spending all that time making myself eat food I don't even like.

Thanks for the extra details bro. Gonna start a client on "IF" this week starting with 1 day a week to see how she responds. I'll post up results after a few weeks. Hell I might even give this a shot.
I got my wife on IF right now. Her fast is only 14hrs and then she eats for 10. As opposed to my plan which is a 16hr fast. Her top two abs are visible now and her lifts are going up. Her training program is pretty much focused completely on developing some strength right now.

I don't know if IF is right for competitive BBers, but for someone like me who isn't ever going to take it to that competition level it's a f*cking godsend. Here's a before pic from right after I got done with paramedic school:
attachment.php

These are pics from after my last transformation cycle using IF:
op47pj.jpg

23qzgl.jpg

2cfdz6h.jpg

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic