Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

Ice Storms, Rail and Airports

Kluso

Kluso

VIP Member
Oct 30, 2022
She was able to get out on I-90 this morning. Opened at 9AM. Actually had a very nice Christmas Eve with my sister and niece. I think the wine is still coming out of my pores.
Haha. That was me on Friday. I drank way to much at company’s Christmas party the night before. Find anything decent to eat today or just went with the leftovers? I seen McDonald’s was open. Lol

M

Massive G

VIP Member
Apr 10, 2020
Sorry to hear about your troubles pv. Hope you have safe travels when you get a chance to leave. Unrelated one year at Christmas got snowed in motel when home visiting family. Was able to hike to a Dennys for a meal and found a Chinese restaurant open and took home like 8 meals to last me 2 days. At least the old hotel gym had a universal gym station in it by the indoor pool. I had to bribe the desk clerk because they had the pool locked down. No internet and just basic cable and a very pissed off wife so no fun there in the room.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
I planned ahead. We went shopping at some local upscale market (Metropolitan Market), where I stocked up on some chicken, brussels sprouts and mashed, as well as tomato bisque soup. Hotel puts on a decent buffet breakfast every morning, scored some clean real ceramic plates, silverware, extra yogurts and fruit. I'm actually in the middle of Christmas lunch right now, it's all delicious, even though it's just reheated in the microwave. No Mickey D's for me, even though at times I crave spicy chicken sandwiches!

Catching up on calls and e-mails, and will continue to do so. It actually hasn't been too bad. Gonna digest a little then go to the hotel gym for cardio and dumbbells.

Have my Roku stick, which works with the hotel wifi/TV, so I have all the streaming stuff available.

Also have a few movies I downloaded to a USB drive, which leads to kind of a funny story.

On the flight out, Alaska has a system where you hook into their free wifi and they have tons of movies and TV shows to watch. Started to watch a movie on their system, and then I realized they were all 4:3 screen ratio, which I HATE. My seat preference is window. There was a 4-5 year old boy sitting next to me in the middle seat, dad next to him. Popped in the USB drive, started going through what I had.....and decided I wanted to watch the latest Jackass movie because that's not something the spouse would want to watch and I'm solo on this trip as I was supposed to be back on the 23rd.

I had forgotten how much penis and underwear there is in those movies, and it came on quickly (like the very first shot, which took me a while to recognize that the "monster" was actually a penis) and at unexpected times, but after the first few minutes I was committed to watching the whole thing. I already had the laptop angled so the kid didn't have a super clear view, but I can't tell you how many times I had to quickly put up my hand to the side of the screen to block what he might see out of his side eye! Fortunately he was engrossed in whatever animated kids thing he was watching on a tablet, and dad didn't seem aware either, and I didn't want to upset either one of them. I really do take care not to expose kids to profanity, inappropriate stuff, etc., as profane t-shirts and language when small kids are around can trigger my big mouth pretty easily and I don't like hypocrites. I chit chatted with dad a bit while waiting to deplane, and he didn't seem to be aware, and the kid wasn't either, even though he probably would have found the slapping of nuts while wearing underwear pretty funny. But my arm was pretty tired from holding it up so many times and for so long. Had to be very vigilant.

Easy to forget just how much editing goes into airline versions of movies, and how many aren't available because there's no way to edit them down.

But, in any case, I'm doing fine, just desperately want my flight to go out as scheduled tomorrow.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
BTW your thread caused me to rent planes trains and automobiles again hadn't seen it in years one of the greatest ever!
That movie totally came to mind. The only travel option I didn't explore was buying a local beater car to drive home, but the thought of driving from Seattle to OC didn't seem too realistic, even though it would have been nice to see and overnight with a ton of friends and relatives I know along the way in Portland....Eureka....Wine Country....Bay Area....Sacramento....San Luis Obispo....LA area....

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Words can't possibly describe the chaos that was SeaTac. Hundreds of people in line at Alaska counters. Announcements that if your flight was cancelled you should just go home. Hundreds of bags that didn't get on flights, tagged, everywhere. I am halfway home, will be making it back today.

genetic freak

genetic freak

VIP Member
Dec 28, 2015
Words can't possibly describe the chaos that was SeaTac. Hundreds of people in line at Alaska counters. Announcements that if your flight was cancelled you should just go home. Hundreds of bags that didn't get on flights, tagged, everywhere. I am halfway home, will be making it back today.
SeaTac is rough. It is the only place I know where even if you are TSA precheck it still may take you an hour to get through screening. I have heard of people arriving three hours early to get through regular security and almost missing their flights.

JackD

JackD

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Sep 16, 2010
I think it’s insane that almost every major area got hit with weather this Christmas. So did you end up driving down to OC? Did you rent a car? You can always fight the drop fee. Be safe, more rain coming to the west coast.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic