Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

I want to do Cardio after Lifting (on depeleted Glycogen)

W

Wolf

MuscleHead
Dec 25, 2010
Pretty much, yes. HIIT is superior to LISS cardio in everyway. I've heard some people that do fasted HIIT because they think it will burn even more calories during the session. Even in a pure numerical way. Walking or running, you will burn nearly the same amount of calories the only difference is the effect on your cardio system and the resources in which you pull from. So if fasted cardio works as described, does it add on a percent plus to what someone ran or does it increase how many of the calories lost where from fat. I would go with the second one because I don't think the body in a fasted unfed state would burn more calories and I would go with the second choice because I saw a study (i'll try to find it) that showed that cardio over 1 hour increased fat burning by some measure of 25 percent, but was immediately undone when food was consumed.

So, if fasted cardio worked a person that could run 6 miles an hour would potentially burn up to 25 percent more calories from fat. Lets say a person in that condition ran 30 minutes, somewhere around 300-350 calories. Even if you considered that the increased percentage is 25% higher than some percentage of 300 calories or even a higher number of a straightly added 25 percent of all 300 calories, you are looking at a small number of increased fat burning, 75+ calories. About 8 grams of fat.

HIIT can cause a metabolism raise of measures of 15+ percent over 24+ hours, this gains an immediate advantage because it is a percent of your metabolic rate. The only way, if fasted cardio worked that it would be effective is doing cardio in mass which just becomes a matter of reduced benefit.

Another thing to put into perspective is the fact that a gallon of ice cold water will burn around 70 calories from just about pure fat as long as you didn't chug it so fast that you are shivering.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
What ? Wait ? So if just chug ice cold water I can quit doing cardio ?

I'm kidding of course Great threaf

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
What ? Wait ? So if just chug ice cold water I can quit doing cardio ?

I'm kidding of course Great thread

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic