Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

I must be mis-informed?

DungeonDweller

DungeonDweller

VIP Member
Mar 21, 2017
Times were different in and around 1492. 528 years ago there were black African slaves being sold. Later yellow Chinese and white Irish slaves were also sold.
We went to war with the Barbary Pirates in North Africa because they were capturing and enslaving American sailors. Slaves have long been one of the spoils of war. Slavery is not gone today, even in America.

Mike_RN

Mike_RN

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Aug 13, 2013
Columbus people? Like the Democrats (Liberals) that had his statue erected in Boston is the first place?
That statute went up in 1976 because the Italians (who dominate the North end) wanted it. A rich Italian member of the Knights of Columbus paid for it and it’s been vandalized for years because nobody wanted it to begin with.

It was decapitated before 2020, in 2006 lol. The Massachusetts Historical society has openly tried to get rid of it for years.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
The Columbus obsessed people labeling other people as "Columbus people". The irony! Here is the deal, you want history erased? Fine, erase all of it, because more people are sick and tired of hearing about your woes and daily struggles as the result of someone that died 500 years ago.

CFM

CFM

National Breast Implant Awareness Month Squeezer
Mar 18, 2012
Every coin has two sides.

Attachments

• IMG_3045.JPG
    IMG_3045.JPG
    93.7 KB · Views: 304
BackAtIt

BackAtIt

MuscleHead
Oct 3, 2016
I thought this was "old" news about Columbus?...Are people sill considering him an "hero"?...

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
He was out of the picture for hundreds of years until people started immigrating from Italy and he had a resurgence in the 19th and 20th centuries. And like a lot of things people just decided he had been popular forever and not just nice like 1934. Not dissimilar to when they built statues to traitors who killed 100,000’s of Americans a century AFTER the civil war as an intimidation technique and pretended it was “heritage.”

matthewk04

matthewk04

VIP Member
Jul 21, 2013
Why would the people tearing down statues want to build new statues? Statues are dumb and no one looks at them anyway. And this is coming from a person who makes everyone else miserable whenever we visit a historic place by reading every single plaque and piece of information. Give me something cool like the Statue of Liberty or the Vietnam memorial, all these random statues I’ve walked by a thousand times and never noticed make no nevermind to me. *the make way for ducklings statues are cool.

C

ceo

VIP Member
Oct 12, 2010
Why would the people tearing down statues want to build new statues? Statues are dumb and no one looks at them anyway. And this is coming from a person who makes everyone else miserable whenever we visit a historic place by reading every single plaque and piece of information. Give me something cool like the Statue of Liberty...

Tear down that statue of a white woman! She ain't even American!

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic