Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

I just dont get it - gym RANT

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
I Ran into someone who i fired two years ago at the gym tonight. it was a bit awkward, but whatever. He looked exactly as i remembered him so i said hey did you just join the gym, this is the first time i have seen you here. he said no, i have been coming here for over a year now.

WHAT THE FUCK is the point of going to the gym often or every day for an extended period of time if you are not going to change your appearance one bit? I mean if i went to the gym for a year and looked exactly the same i would quit and never come back, shit i wouldn't have even made it the year. But i see so many people there that fall into the WTF category. My daughters friends parents started the same time me and my wife started(mid jan this year). They both look no different whatsoever, she is a fatass and he is a stick, and there we are, i have lost 30 pounds and she has lost 20-25(she has only been dieting 3-4 weeks now) on top of us putting on a few pounds of muscle....

i understand some people are the exception to what i said above such as the mass monsters who cant really grow any more but maintain and sculpt and the ladies who are already buff and are happy with their bodies.

Rottenrogue

Rottenrogue

Strongwoman
Jan 26, 2011
Most people dont have a clue as to what they are doing ,therefore achieving no results.Myself physically I havent lost a damn thing recently.But strengthwise I go up consistantly.I think most people go to the gym for the social aspect rather than going to improve themselves.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
Most people dont have a clue as to what they are doing ,therefore achieving no results.Myself physically I havent lost a damn thing recently.But strengthwise I go up consistantly.I think most people go to the gym for the social aspect rather than going to improve themselves.

You are in the exception category RR, you are there to get as strong as possible, and you are doing it. you have a goal and you are working towards it with success.

ajdos

Friends Remembered
Sep 8, 2010
What gets me is when these same people get huffy and puffy with me about how long Im using a particular peice of equiptment...I just think REALLY?
Its some kinda mental illness I tell ya.

goldy

goldy

Chutzpah VIP
Jan 17, 2011
What gets me is when these same people get huffy and puffy with me about how long Im using a particular peice of equiptment...I just think REALLY?
Its some kinda mental illness I tell ya.

I get pissed when i go to ab machines or leg lift type deals and there are two chicks just yapping there. stare at them for 5 minutes and they dont do shit but sit there yapping. that pisses me off, but i am sure you are not sitting around like a dumbass AJ. if i see someone in the power rack and they are working and in the zone, sure it sucks to wait but no harsh feelings towards em.

on monday this guy pissed me off. there are some things you just dont ask to "work in" on...i just got to the gym, put my bottle down and went to strip the weight of the flat bench bc the lazy ass before me didnt. Old dude walks up to me "can i work in with you?". i am like i am just starting...he says thats cool i dont mind.....grrr....dude is like rushing me btw sets, i like to take my time.....next tiem it is a flat out NO.

hyper extensions, situps, anything with cables, etc. sure you can work in....i always have to ask the hotties to work in on hypers or ab benches...

things that require plates like BP or squats, about anything with a barbell, etc, dont even ask, go fuck yourself...

T

TriCity

^ I KNOWWW!!! I feel like telling them, this machine is doing me 100% more good than it's doing you so beat it chump.

In between my sets I sit and ponder different people's drive. I look at these people that don't push themselves, don't change their physique, and, frankly, do basically nothing. Why do they even bother coming? I will never know.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
This is why I'm so fucking happy to be training at a private gym and not some commercial gym.

Most of the lifters at my gym aren't bbers (it's made up of SM, Oly lifters, and Plers) so they don't blow up and diet down. We all try to stay within our weight limits so we don't have to drop anything drastically to have to make weight. We do though work on getting as strong as possible at our current weights and if need be we'll move up a weight class if the payoff is worth it.

ozzy69

ozzy69

MuscleHead
Apr 5, 2011
my gym sucks for equipment but at least its always dead except on saturday mornings when they have that zumba stuff going on and everyone decides they want to use weights before they dance

Growinboy

Growinboy

MuscleHead
Sep 25, 2010
Its that most people have very little work ethic.. Mediocrity is the new standard in this country...

hugerobb

hugerobb

VIP Strength Advisor
Sep 15, 2010
lol I agree with you I been in this game for 25 yrs. and I see changes in myself all the time But you have too work at it ,The one's you never see change if you watch them they dont have a fucking clue and they wont ask for help,went I strated I would watch and ask questions. thats how you learn

nationwide

nationwide

VIP Member
Mar 19, 2011
My only pet peeve is the way some people do lat pull downs, the ones who pull the bar all the way down to there knee's. I did walk up to one person and said these are called lat pull downs not lap pull downs, he didnt get it.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
One of my clients said he hurt his knee and has been concentration on his upper body for the past 2 months. My thoughts when I look at him: "you go to the gym?"
Some people go just to say they go to the gym.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic