Latest posts

Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon
What's New?

I have officially hit the "fluff" zone...eeek!

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
I apologize for all the questions I am posting on here as a newbie to serious training. I am hoping to be as knowledgable as many of you soon and return the favor to someone else. That being said here is my mental hurdle these past 2 days... what is happening to my body?

I have gained about 5 lbs in the past 3 weeks when I began my muscle building phase, but it really looks more like 10. I am 5'3 originally 134 and have shot up to 139 (Makes quite a difference at my height). This is my first time doing a bulk of any kind, and prior to beginning 3 weeks ago I have always eaten very very low carb (35 gr/day). I have lost any definition I had, and my once flat abs now look ...hmmm....less than flat. For those of you who remember your first serious diet change, can you share with me if this is to be expected? I am 100% committed, so I am taking it in stride but am concerned that I might keep going up in weight. I am hoping that my body might just be adjusting to the change in diet. My diet is listed below, I am having 1 clean cheat meal per week. Also thanks for all your suggestions on getting my calories in more easily, it has helped tremendously. I eagerly await all your suggestions :) You guys are soooo helping me through this! :eek:Look below for my diet.

Heres my daily food in take.
Breakfast- 4 egg whites one yolk
1/2 oatmeal made in water

Snack 2 tablespoons natural Peanut butter
1 low sodium rice cake

Post workout 2 scoops gold standard whey
1 slice whole wheat toast

Lunch 4 oz chicken or ground turkey
4 oz sweet potato plain
3 oz green beans

snack 2 scoops gold standard whey in H2O

dinner: same as lunch

snack about 8:30 only if I fall short on calories somehow... and additional 30 grms of protein.

Drinking close to a gallon/day. Taking per day: 4 CLA's -2 flaxseed 1 Multi -2 Vit-C Chewables - 1 chromium - 1 B12 complex

Last edited:
buffgirl33

buffgirl33

TID Lady Member
Nov 15, 2011
YOu Will get allot of help here i am surprised someone hasn't responded...
I would say it is the carbs, but I don't know your diet before..if you are looking for gains ...you are probably safe.....just remember

Oh how much cardiovascular are you doing?

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
I am actually refraining from cardio until the end of this week and will incorporate 30min 3X week starting next Monday. I don't know if this might be too much since I don't want to inhibit my building muscle.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
I am actually refraining from cardio until the end of this week and will incorporate 30min 3X week starting next Monday. I don't know if this might be too much since I don't want to inhibit my building muscle.

I highly doubt it will affect muscle gain, as long as protein intake is good.

dangerouscurves

dangerouscurves

TID Lady VIP
May 25, 2011
I highly doubt it will affect muscle gain, as long as protein intake is good.

Agree with this, and my bet is that you are just bloated from the carbs, maybe try cutting the bread, and doing more yam and veggies for carbs, could be you're sensitive to gluten

Sent from my SPH-M920 using Tapatalk

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
If you are going from under 35g of carbs to what you have listed there that would be my first idea to your recent gain.

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
Glad to know I should be ok. I will start my cardio 3 times a week starting Monday and see if there is any difference. Thanks a million!

AllTheWay

AllTheWay

TID Lady Member
Mar 17, 2011
when i was drinking protein shakes and eating the bars, i got fluffy quick. not sure if it is the way the stuff is processed or what but my body responded in a very non positive way and i get very bloated and fluffy. havent touched them in about 8 months and it is better as long as i stay away from simple carbs.

as women i think we need to be a bit more careful about the foods we eat because our bodies seem to fluff pretty easily if we are prone to fluffing :D

Y

yadira0020

TID Lady Member
Dec 1, 2011
I love fluffy...well the description. Its says it perfectly :) stole it from you AllTheWay.

Glycomann

Glycomann

VIP Member
Jan 19, 2011
Personally I time the carbs for morning and just around workouts when I know I will need them. if I am going to try to add size I cycle the carbs in and out over the week barely going over 400 grams twice a week and then back down to 150-200 grams. doing it this way I can put on 15-20 lbs or even a little more without gaining much fat. CArbs are a big part of it. Water retention is pretty big with then. insulin makes up hold more water so if one is freaquently spiking insulin the look is not good and to an extend somewhat artificial fluff since reducing carbs back to a more maintenance level will shed the water in days.

Protein supplements are difficult. it took e a long while to find one that didn't upset my system. I only take it before bed usually or I might have a small one in the morning or just before workout. For ma a whey only meal seems to spike my metabolism give I have a good one that does not upset my system.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic