Members
Latest Member
Rolanalon

I have hypothetical board press question

guss

guss

MuscleHead
Aug 11, 2010
So I know people will use different boards to aid there shirted bench press, but hypothetically speaking if you had to choose only 1 board to use to do board presses from what would it be, prosuming that each board is 2 inches deep (example 2 board press=4 inches, 4 board= 8 inches deep) how many boards would you go for.

porky little keg

porky little keg

MuscleHead
May 21, 2011
it depends on your sticking point and what sort of gear ( or not) you compete in..... I compete multi-ply. In my 2-ply shirt my sticking point is right at the top so I work 3-board a lot to bring it up. IN my 3-ply my sticking point is just about/above the 3-board so I work the 2-board to bring it up. When I know for sure that I can touch in my shirt and have the groove dialed in I'll use a lot of work to a 1-board just to save my shoulders and wrists.

I use the 2-board the most, but each has its own purpose. Spend the $20 at home depot, you won't regret it.

SFGiants

SFGiants

MuscleHead
Apr 20, 2011
It also depends on your arm length.

I like a 2 board and 3 board for close grip work on the tri's.

hawkeye

hawkeye

VIP Member
Sep 19, 2011
Not a fan of boards. Just a personal preference. Would rather use the Slingshot or do floor presses or pin presses. I have trouble with bar wanting to roll on me.

PillarofBalance

PillarofBalance

Strength Pimp
Feb 27, 2011
I rarely do board presses but on the occasion I do I actually prefer a cut up foam floor mat that is taped together. It's 2 inches thick much like myself. And I will use it doing speed work with a close grip.

Joliver

Joliver

MuscleHead
Jan 19, 2014
I know my groove in my equipment really well, so most of my work will be on a 3 board to aid my lockout--seeing as how that is my sticking point.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Tried board work in the past and it didn't seem to carryover much for my bench.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic