What's New?

I have a degree in Brussel Sprouts

BovaJP

BovaJP

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Feb 15, 2013
Well, you know, not for real.
but I have been cooking a lot with brussel sprouts lately as they are a good green veggie to consume.

Lately, I have found that I will cut and trim the brussel sprouts and usually quarter them. Then will marinate them in the fridge for a couple of days.

One day I marinated the sprouts in oil and balsamic vinegar and left them in a rubber ware for a couple days and roasted them and they were YUMMY!

Roast=aka bake, aka cook in oven.
Spread sprouts on a pan, put into heated oven about 400 degree for about 30 mins. I like to halfway through toss them because I like to get the sides crispy.

This week, i cut and Trim the sprouts and put them in marinade on Sunday afternoon. Just yesterday I roasted them in the oven and they are yum. Could it be the marinade or the fact that they were setting in the marinade for a few days? I dunno....
I have found though if i marinade them for at least a day or so, it takes away a bitter taste in them and also they are softer to eat.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
Add sriracha to your marinade and then add bacon when you are roasting them!

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Add sriracha to your marinade and then add bacon when you are roasting them!
Only if you want to ruin the batch and throw it away.
Skip the douchebag condiments and just add the bacon as previously described.
Your welcome.

Lizard King

Lizard King

Administrator
Staff Member
Sep 9, 2010
I didn't realize sriracha was a douche bag condiment... what did it to to your mouth that has your tighty whities in a bunch?

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Bacon adds flavor and texture to the Sprouts, sriracha is something Bobby Flay would add....Serves no purpose other than a little anal cavity burning about 12 hours later.....

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
Bacon adds flavor and texture to the Sprouts, sriracha is something Bobby Flay would add....Serves no purpose other than a little anal cavity burning about 12 hours later.....
You are being generous by saying Bobby flay. I would have said guy fieri.

monsoon

monsoon

Senior Bacon VIP
Nov 1, 2010
I really think it's more about the size of the hole rather than the cavity. I find that habanero s burn on the way out rather than inside. Siracha is not really hot though, it's just red mustard mixed with chicken poop.

FlyingDragon

FlyingDragon

VIP Member
Nov 4, 2010
Dr. Fauci and Dr. Jim agree!

I really think it's more about the size of the hole rather than the cavity. I find that habanero s burn on the way out rather than inside. Siracha is not really hot though, it's just red mustard mixed with chicken poop.

FLEXjs

FLEXjs

MuscleHead
Apr 23, 2012
Brussel sprouts are nasty. Have hated them since I was a kid.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic