bsimon7074
What's New?

I don't like this stuff!

tommyguns2

tommyguns2

Senior Moderators
Staff Member
Dec 25, 2010

Is this legal? It absolutely is, as long as the terms of service provisions of the various social media companies were not violated, and I suspect that they weren't.

Is this an unlawful search under the 4th Amendment? I don't think so. No one will win an argument that they had a reasonable right to privacy in pictures that they publicly posted. Nevertheless, it's creepy that the gov't, just from this purchase of information has a database of about 90 different pictures of every man, woman and child in the U.S.

What do they plan to do with it? I don't know, but don't think for a second it'll reduce the rate of violent crime, which is what YOU care about.

A

AlphaMale!

VIP Member
Dec 11, 2022
I read an article that said the main reason the government wants so many social media pics is so they can build a database to recognize everyone’s faces.

Pig Vomit

Pig Vomit

VIP Member
Nov 12, 2022
Probably true, but I don't know for sure. Clearview has been in the news for this stuff for years. Social media is the devil! People with the "hey, look at me" complex don't think it through. There are some newspaper articles showing me with my picture, but other than that, won't fine me anywhere. It's not just law enforcement....it's employment companies, etc. Google Images used to be able to do this as well, but they quickly shut it down due to privacy concerns.

Friggemall

Friggemall

VIP Member
Jun 16, 2020
For the people, by the people need to stop talking abou tit and take this country back!

sityslicker1

sityslicker1

TID Board Of Directors
Oct 6, 2010
I read an article that said the main reason the government wants so many social media pics is so they can build a database to recognize everyone’s faces.
Ive read something similar except it was DMV photos

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic