Members
Latest Member
Ethan7400
What's New?

HVAC Question

J

Johnhandcock112

Aug 3, 2022
Got a question on New Furnace and AC Unit. I have a few quotes and I have no idea which brand to go with. American Standard? Rheem? Goodman? Carrier? I have done a lot of research but I seriously don’t have a clue about which brand to go with, or which ones to eliminate. Any help and advice you all can provide in the next few days would be a big help.

All are 80% efficient furnace and 13 seer for the AC either 3 ton or 3.5 is what they quoted for the above brands.
So I am in the hvac industry, American standard and train are the same brand. As owns trains. They are top of line but also very sophisticated, so if it breaks and can be expensive to fix. Goodman is probably the cheapest brand but some people have really good luck with them others don’t. But on the plus side every tech will likely know exactly who to fix it. Rheems are cheap and simple but a step up above the good man. Carriers are dam good units but expensive as hell just like train. I personal would get the best deal available, which is gonna be in between the Goodman and rheem. If they are close In price I would get the rheem. As far as tonnage, it is just the size of the unit. Each ton provides 400 cfm of cooling.

J

Johnhandcock112

Aug 3, 2022
I've been an HVAC Tech for last 28 years. Trane and Carrier are your 2 most reliable. Now American Standard is also top of the line, as it is made by Trane and basically the exact same. Bryant is also very good as it is made by Carrier and also the exact same. Goodman is complete garbage. Rheem is middle of the pack but is most techs least favorite to work on if it goes down. You want to get a minimum of 15 Seer, but the real savings (on your electric bill comes from 16 seer and above.)
They should all have 10-year parts warranty but try to get 10 years labor as well. Because if the unit goes down the part is covered but they will gouge you
on the labor. I have a Carrier in my house at the moment, but the system before this was a American Standard. Just make sure you go with a good, reliable AC company, not uncle tom's friends, buddy, Rocco who lives the next town over just to save a few bucks. The install is the most important part of the entire process. If its not installed properly it won't matter what system you buy, you will have issues throughout the life of it.
But i would recommend the American Standard. Solid, reliable piece of equipment. Hope that helps.
Well I replied with out reading your post, you provided a lot more information than I did. Lol

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 1 members watching this topic