Hurricane Irma

Discussion in 'The Lounge - Off Topic Chat' started by kid666, Sep 10, 2017.

1. kid666

kid666 VIP Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Well after 20 years of living in Tampa area and listening to the weatherman crying wolf here in Tampa, it looks like this one is going to wreck some havoc. Supposed to hit here later today into the evening and tomorrow morning. Im staying hunkered down right here with my family and belongings. They say it will move through Tampa as a Cat 3 or 4. 140 mph winds. Hurricane shutters are being used for first time. But more important i bought a safe to keep my gear secure and a cooler to keep my GH safe in case we lose power.(lol)
    On a serious note i hope any TID peeps in the storms path protect themselves and there family and stay safe.
    PS ...i never said the phrase "hunkered down" in 30 years living up north. Maybe im getting a little redneck in me after 20 years south now. LOL

2. BrotherIron

BrotherIron TID Board Of Directors

Mar 6, 2011
    It's supposed to be a Cat. 1 when it hits me. Hopefully it changes path but if it doesn't I'm buying some candles today and some other supplies just in case.

3. BackAtIt

BackAtIt Senior Member

Oct 3, 2016
    Did you bros come out alright...We only got some mild rain and a tad, shad wind...

4. CFM

CFM VIP Member

Mar 18, 2012
    Hoping you and yours the best.

5. kid666

kid666 VIP Member

Jan 28, 2011
    Well i lost power for a few days but all in all not to bad. Mild damage around town but none for me personally.
    I cant complain compered to some i got off very easy.

DungeonDweller and Rider like this.