Latest Member
RalfKelleh
What's New?

hrt via subq?

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
i know this has been long debated...so i was having a discussion with this guy who is on hrt at 200mg/wk so he does 2 shots at 100mg/ml per wk. he tells me he uses a slin pin and pins 1/2cc of cyp subc w/a slin pin and his levels remain stable via blood tests. he said he likes it also b/c it gives his im spots time to recover. any thoughts on this? ive been reading more and more guys are doing subq vs im. i think i may try this as i am on the same protocol as he is....thanks for any input.

S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
That is some thick oil to be pulling and pushing through a pin that small. I would rather stick with im and get it over with. Not broken, dont fix

chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
i wouldnt be drawing with the slin pin. id draw the test with my 18g then back fill the slin pin. this way the slin pin stays sharp. but it would take an extra min to push the oil thru the 27g slin pin

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I do 150mg a week on a E4D schedule subq. Works great. Draws fine and injects even easier.

It doesn't take any longer to push just longer to draw.

There's no debate just preferred method of injection. Plenty of info out there confirming absorption as good or better than IM. The only advantage IM has is depot capacity.

I use a 27g slin to draw and inject. The needle stays plenty sharp for a subq pierce without discomfort.

Last edited:
SAD

SAD

TID Board Of Directors
Feb 3, 2011
That is some thick oil to be pulling and pushing through a pin that small. I would rather stick with im and get it over with. Not broken, dont fix

As CRW said, you have to backload the slinpins. But its actually easier to push the oil through a 27g slinpin than it is through a 23/25 guage. That doesn't make sense right? Until you understand that the amount of pressure being applied to the release point (27g opening) is multiplied by the the relatively small diameter of the syringe, so you have more pounds-per-square-millimeter of force with a small diameter syringe. You may have to try it to believe it, but it is a fact. Check out this video I put up over a year ago. http://www.theironden.com/threads/3...ing-slin-pins?highlight=backloading+slin+pins

I do 150mg a week on a E4D schedule subq. Works great. Draws fine and injects even easier.

I have to believe that you either have EXTREMELY thin oil, or....... I've tried to draw oil into a slin pin, and it just doesn't work.

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
It works just fine for me. Take about 60 seconds to draw about a half cc with home brewed, UGL, and pharmacy compounded. I've never back loaded in over 3 years of subq. Just have to be patient. I do inject some air in before every draw.

Maybe your oil is to extremely thick. :)

I do stay away from the 30g slins.

Last edited:
Reactions: SAD
S

schultz1

Bangs Raiden's mom VIP
Jan 3, 2011
I just learned something new. Thanks guys. Will check out vid later.

Ser

Ser

Oct 10, 2012
Aren't you worried about slowing down the release rate if you go subQ? they were designed for IM for a reason...and doing them subQ means half life times, absorbtion rates aren't what you would expect.....using them for hrt you would want to be able to keep track of this? Why not use a test with an ester attached like undecanoate which has a much longer half life, therefor mush slowwer and more lineate release rate? Just curious

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I wouldn't worry. I inject E4D and my levels are never lower than 1300 with subq @ 150/wk with test c.

SHINE

Friends Remembered
Oct 11, 2010
i know this has been long debated...so i was having a discussion with this guy who is on hrt at 200mg/wk so he does 2 shots at 100mg/ml per wk. he tells me he uses a slin pin and pins 1/2cc of cyp subc w/a slin pin and his levels remain stable via blood tests. he said he likes it also b/c it gives his im spots time to recover. any thoughts on this? ive been reading more and more guys are doing subq vs im. i think i may try this as i am on the same protocol as he is....thanks for any input.

It's been done clinically, look in the articles of TID forum here. More knots and pain can be a problem with sub-Q .

P

prime

TID Board Of Directors
Dec 31, 2011
I find that if there is a lot of BA then the site will swell slightly and be a little painful but the same would happen to an IM site if you are sensitive to BA. Have only had that with UGL.

Also to add, the sites with the least amount of fat rarely have problems. I think the problems occur if it's not quite a subq inject into some fat. But the swelling or pain subsides within 48 hours. The pain is dull and similar to IM site pain but slightly more acute since it's closer to the surface.

I hope this helps. I have done at least 300+ subq injects over the last 3 to 4 years so I am speaking from experience.

Last edited:
chestrockwell420

chestrockwell420

MuscleHead
Oct 9, 2012
good info here and glad to know others try it. i did my 1st subq shot yest and have to say im not sure if it was what i ate for lunch but i felt queezy and was in the bathroom a few times...hope it was the raunchy mexican! try again on monday!

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic