Forum Statistics

Threads
Members
Latest Member
Kiddorism
What's New?

How would a typical Bikini Competitor routine look?

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I'm just curious because I notice they lift weights but implement a lot of poly-metrics as well. What is the point to the poly metrics it's not like they are performing how the fitness class does.

This is more for my fiancee girlfriend who won't post on the board

D

dragevo

MuscleHead
Jul 9, 2011
Glutes, glutes, hams quads, light back, delts and easy on arms

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Most figure competitors just lift heavy and with compound movements. Until a chic hits aas, it's impossible for them to end up too bulky. It takes years and years of training super hard, good diet etc to put on a decent amount of mass for a female.

Deads and squats will def be your priorities though. Gonna need those glutes, hams and quads.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
Bikini... they don't do shit. Try more like maybe 3x week training and some cardio.

As for chicks not being able to pack on size without AAS, that's just ignorance. You're thinking of just the skinny, poor gened American women. Go outside the US and you'll see otherwise.

shortz

shortz

Beard of Knowledge VIP
May 6, 2013
Bikini... they don't do shit. Try more like maybe 3x week training and some cardio.

As for chicks not being able to pack on size without AAS, that's just ignorance. You're thinking of just the skinny, poor gened American women. Go outside the US and you'll see otherwise.

We just spend years trying to debunk the myth that when women workout, they get bulky. Now you're going to try to defend it? Not buying it. Unless she's a genetic freak, a woman that is big, strong and lean, is on aas.

BrotherIron

BrotherIron

VIP Member
Mar 6, 2011
We just spend years trying to debunk the myth that when women workout, they get bulky. Now you're going to try to defend it? Not buying it. Unless she's a genetic freak, a woman that is big, strong and lean, is on aas.

I'm not defending anything, I'm merely stating the fact that not all women are meak, feable, and poorly gened like those commongly found int the US. Try going to Poland, Russia, Ukraine, Lebanon, Turkey, etc... and you'll find plenty of women who are able to build muscle with proper diet and training without the use of AAS. That's another American mentality... that you must "use" to get big. Nope. You just need to work which is something most aren't actually willing to do. Now, I'm not talking about someone looking like Iris Kyle but there are plenty of women out there who are capable of building size/strength without the use of AAS. If some stupid chick is afraid of becoming strong then they should just conform to what Amercian society thinks they should look like and never step foot in a gym.

The "thin is in" look is what's popular here but that doesn't mean it's the case everywhere.

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I was big as **** natural . Look at my album pics most of them I was natty in. And yes bikini girls lift and heavy to. .maybe not so much as upper body but they still do a split and work just as hard. Their cardio is different as well.

Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
I honestly feel every class bust their ass just for different goals, have different drug protocols, etc but no class at a competition level is lazy.

There are a few competitive bikini girl in the gym that trains harder then most of the dudes but implements a lot of poly metrics unlike the figure girls. I was curious as to why and how a routine would look for my fiancee

tightglutes

tightglutes

TID VIP Lady Member
May 1, 2012
I honestly feel every class bust their ass just for different goals, have different drug protocols, etc but no class at a competition level is lazy.

There are a few competitive bikini girl in the gym that trains harder then most of the dudes but implements a lot of poly metrics unlike the figure girls. I was curious as to why and how a routine would look for my fiancee
Figure girls do polyos too. Bikini girls do it to keep their legs toned and lean if they are holding fat there. A lot of heavy leg work would give them the size that the judges are not looking for. They like a very soft look for bikini and the interval work helps them keep that. Not sure if I am making sense lol tell your girl to do it. Like I said we do it in figure too.

Last edited:
Blacken

Blacken

Sep 6, 2013
Thank you for the info TG. It makes some sense at least the size thing with legs I always wondered why girls with bigger legs in bikini seem to hide it rather then flaunt it. To me it how a women should look but I'm a sucker for girls with big legs. I'll tell her anyway. After all it's what makes her happy I'm just glad if she'll exercise at this point. She'll enjoy polymetrics mixed in with weight lifting anyway she gets bored of doing one thing to much.

Zomb131

Zomb131

MuscleHead
Jan 31, 2011
Get in instagram and follow biah_quiles. She's a pro bikini from Brazil and posts her training/diet majority of the time.

Bodymekanics

Bodymekanics

Mar 14, 2014
I'm glad to see that the majority of the responses on here were informative. Most of the girls that have done bikini in the past from me did more compound movements such as deadlifts, squats, and others of that regard. Sometimes incorporated things like a clean and press or clean and jerk as well (if they had the background and mind to be able to do it safely after reviewing and critiquing technique). The legs and glutes are going to be key for her as is a "softer" look as well; however, there is nothing wrong with her having the muscle to slip into something such as figure/physique at a later date should she choose to do so (no one is going to say that someone like, lets say, Dana Linn Bailey looks bad at her height, weight, or body fat percentage).

Girls will not get as big like in the case of female bodybuilders naturally in any instance without the help of AAS. That being said, it is completely asinine to assume that a woman cannot naturally put on a relative large amount of muscle for her build naturally. Men and women both start with a genetic predisposition to react to various stimuli and once you find yours it is much easier for you to put on muscle, slim up, etc. One of the biggest mistakes people make in this sport and lifestyle is assuming that "if it works for me then it will work for you" or "if it doesn't work for me/isn't true then it won't be for you either." Fitness, in general, is a very individual journey in which you must find what works the best for you. Take advice from those around you, try things out for yourself as well and find what works best. So in the case of the argument of "American women versus others" you are both right to some extent with what you are saying.

Good luck to your girl in her journey to the stage. I hope everything works out for her.

Who is viewing this thread?

There are currently 0 members watching this topic